“Best fried clams I ever had!”

Diane's Take out and Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We visited friends in the area and they said we had to go to Diane's Restaurant for clams. They were right.

The clams are harvested fresh right from the beach here and fried up to perfection - crispy breaded with no soaked in oil taste. The taste of the tender, fresh clams was amazing. Thanks to our friends' advice I ordered just a plate of clams and my husband got the clams and fries which I shared. It was a lot of food.

Our friends got lobster rolls. They were properly done with the rolls toasted with butter. There was tons of lobster. One friend liked it a lot. The other would have liked a bit more mayonaise.

Now the downside and why I can only give this four stars (dots). The place was very busy and our order took a long time to come. And the pie one person ordered had a crust so tough he needed a knife and fork to eat it.

There is nothing pretentious about this place, but they do know how to cook fresh clams.

1  Thank maryann-ns

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The seafood was to die for. I ordered the scallops and my partner tried the fish. Talk about incredible flavour.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited Diane's yesterday, my husband's fish and chips were delicious, crispy and fresh, not greasy at all. My clams, scallops and fries were delicious, fresh and not greasy. We were seated upon arrival, our orders taken immediately and received our food and drinks within 10 minutes. Neither of us used the washroom facilities. We sat outside and listened to Jim Aylward and friends for 2 hours. Most enjoyable and delicious. We will be back.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very pricey...the wait was like 40 minutes for really nothing more than fries and a burger which were not good at all.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stopped in for a fish & chip dinner. The place was simple, basic decor. It was filthy...everything was dirty...spiderwebs and dust all over. I complained about the filth of the bathroom. I didn't even feel comfortable to eat the meal because of the cleanliness. The food was just ok. We will never go back... We are foodies and it was absolutely horrible...I can't believe that people will accept that level of cleanliness to have a meal.

6  Thank Jackie E