“Friendly family home close to Monet's garden”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
AmadeusBr...
Bristol
“Friendly family home close to Monet's garden”
Reviewed September 23, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

My wife and I drove to Giverny but became lost in the crowded and strict one way street system. I rang Diana and she came to find us and then led us to her house nearby. We stayed in a comfortable bedroom next to our bathroom. Diana was full of helpful advice including the importance of being at the gate when Monet's garden opens and then going round the house as early as possible. We did this and had very little waiting time. Later in the morning, the lines were very long.
We had a pleasant French breakfast with good coffee, sitting with the one other couple who were staying there. We were able to park easily in the garden everything in Giverny was within an easy walk.

Sep 26, 2017
Thank you so much dear guests for this very interesting review for my future guests. You highlight the specific point in Giverny which is a tiny village welcoming 700.000 visitors from end of March to 1st November. I believe that it's important to prevent my guests from having to wait in a line for hours. Thank you for yourhelp!
markandji...
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“A Rose in the Garden of Flowers!”
Reviewed July 14, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Very welcoming, Diana completely charming lady prepared to go the hidden mile, supportive and informative, B&B immaculate and fresh French breakfasts!

Jul 16, 2017
Thank you for your kind review very useful for my future guests. The title is the feeling and expression of an artist!
AmadeusBr...
Bristol
“Friendly family house a short walk to Claude Monet's house”
Reviewed May 29, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

We drove to Giverny and could not find our way in the narrow one-way streets but our hostess, Diana Guillaume, came to meet us in the square and led us to her beautiful house nearby. This is a family home which provides bed and breakfast. We could park in the garden. It is very convenient for Claude Monet's house and garden but is quiet at night. The bedroom was spotless as were the toilet and washbasin. The breakfast provided croissants, fresh bread, and good coffee. Diana was friendly and helpful throughout. Very good value. Although I can get along in French, Diana speaks and writes good English

Value Location
Visit was for: Leisure
Traveling group: Couples
anneb2441...
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent accommodation, great location, very good breakfast”
Reviewed April 30, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We stayed for one night with Diana in her home. The room is everything that you want - clean, comfortable, a small desk to sit and write or check emails and the breakfast is more than satisfying. The location is quite close to all that you would like to see in Giverny including Monet's Gardens. Diana is welcoming and extremely helpful as well as great to chat with and learn about the area as well as France. We will definitely stay here again when we return to Giverny.

May 5, 2017
Thank you so much Anne, your review is great and includes many points that will be useful for my future guests. I have been enthusiastic to make acquaintance with you. You are a Giverny lover and I am sure that you’ll be back. It is said that one must visit the gardens four times in seven months: Spring, May and June, Summer and fall.
Chiboutch...
“Mme”
Reviewed September 27, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Our hostess, Diana, was welcoming, most helpful and the accommodation very comfortable. We would go back again!

Sep 29, 2016
Thank you so much for your review which will be helpful for my future guests. I do hope to see you again back home when the Coquelicots will be back again, in May and June, and the highest period of blooming at the Claude Monet's Gardens but the most crowded too.
frederick...
“A lovely and romantic place to stay”
Reviewed July 14, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Our hostess was charming and the room was wonderful. After an overnight trip from NYC my wife and I were delighted with the surroundings. Its location was perfect for visiting Manet's Giverny.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Jul 16, 2016
Thank you so much for your review Frederick. I am glad that you enjoyed the place which is indeed very close to the Monet's gardens and the "Musée des Impressionnismes". Just a wink, Monet and not Manet! i guess it's a typing mistake, isn't it! I know that you'll enjoy my humour. All the best.
rohatten
Austin, Texas
“This is the place to stay in Giverny!”
Reviewed July 12, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We received a wonderfully warm welcome from Diana, whose excellent rental is in her home--it is a spacious bedroom with completely modern bathroom attached, and the room is immaculately appointed with a view across the lawn (with poppies, or "coquelicots") to the lush woods across the street. We thoroughly enjoyed conversations in her living room (and playing the piano), as well as the setting itself--just up the hill from the main street in Giverny, and only a 10-15 min. walk from where the bus from the Vernon railway station let us off. The breakfast was superb, with fig and apricot jam made from Diana's own garden, fresh squeezed orange juice, and excellent bread from the best local boulangie, as well as coffee and hot chocolate. Diana gave us great suggestions for places to eat, and shared her own involvement in planning the museum for American artists who came to Giverny because of Monet's friendship. She also gave us good instructions and sent a map so we had no trouble finding the house. Diana speaks excellent English, but my wife and she enjoyed conversing mostly in French, and I enjoyed improving my own French by listening. It was a peaceful place to stay, and only a short walk to all the sights in this small village. I can't recommend it enough!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Our gracious host.
Liked least: Having to leave!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Jul 13, 2016
Thank you for your detailed review which will be helpful for the other guests. I really appreciated to share a moment of life with both of you and I will always remember you playing the piano: Chopin at home was a gift!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing