“PERFECTION!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Clos Fleuri

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Giverny
Le Clos Fleuri
Ranked #2 of 13 Giverny B&B and Inns
L'Absie
“PERFECTION!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

I have just returned from a two night stay at Le Clos Fleuri. Recovering from recent hip surgery, I couldn't have found a more perfect place to stay. I was warmly welcomed by hosts Danielle and Claude Fouché, who were most kind and helpful during my all too short stay. The accommodation was extremely comfortable, immaculately clean, beautifully decorated and furnished, and with exceptional attention to detail. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The property sits in beautiful grounds and is so peaceful - no noise: just birdsong. There are two excellent restaurants within easy walking distance, and the gardens and house of Monet are approximately a 15 minute walk away (and that's with an artificial hip joint - probably less with originals!). I can highly recommend Le Clos Fleuri. Indeed, I hope to make a return visit next year.
PAM LLOYD

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

We and our friends were the first guests of the season staying for 4 nights. We found it very comfortable with many thoughtful touches like an umbrella in the room. Top notch.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kiki60
Faversham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

My wife and myself stayed here this summer in September for two nights. Dannielle was most welcoming. We arrived late and she assisted us with where to eat as well for tickets for the next day for Monets Garden. Lovely room all very quite and easy walk to Monets and resturants. Highly recommend if you can get a booking for the dates you require.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jake272005
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed in the Poppies Room which was true to the web photograph and which was a lovely place to return to after wandering around Giverny and Monet's Garden. I was travelling solo and don't speak any French so Danielle's fluent English and warm welcome were very much appreciated and I always felt very safe. I am happy to recommend Le Clos Fleuri.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Falksnviolet
Mercer Island, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

A delightful stay in Giverny with very nice hosts, Danielle and Claude, at Le Clos Fleuri. Extremely clean, comfortable beds, great plumbing and spacious room. Pleasant walk to Monet Gardens and Museum. For supper a short, pleasant walk to Hotel Braudy's restaurant and for lunch the botanical restaurant - both on the main street - both very nice experience. Giverny is a very tiny village. Many tourists during day, quietens in late afternoon when the buses leave - nice. A good break from urban, busy Paris. Danielle is originally from Australia so perfect French and English are spoken.

Room Tip: Water lilly room was nice, but am sure others are also. Can have twin beds in any room, which can...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kathy E
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

I have been returning to Giverny for years now, enjoying Monet's gardens in all seasons and the changing art at the museum. But the real reason I keep returning is the peace I find at Le Clos Fleuri. It is the place I go to in order to "download" the stress of a long year's work, and "chill out" at the beginning of my vacations. Danielle and Claude make me feel more than welcome, and Danielle's perfect English is an enormous help to a language dummy like me. She goes out of her way to answer questions and make suggestions so that your visit is a rewarding one. But mostly I love the simple quiet of the place, the lovely garden, the glimpse of country life, and Darwin the happy pooch. Most people go to Giverny for a night or two to see Monet's garden and then run off elsewhere. Stay longer. You will find Giverny's hidden joys if you don't rush off so fast; and Le Clos Fleuri makes an excellent base from which to explore many interesting places in Normandy.

Room Tip: I like the Clemantis room attached to the main house. Has a little crooked staircase going up to a...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank WildernessBird
Hornchurch Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights with some friends and loved the fact that we were in our own private accommodation which was clean, spacious and had everything you needed. We had the Poppy and Waterlily rooms and could sit outside with our friends and have a pre-dinner drink (which I took with us) looking out over the lovely garden.

The only thing I was slightly disappointed in was the breakfasts - consisted mainly of bread and jam - would like to have seen a croissant - after all we are in France!

It's about 5-10 min walk to Monet's Garden and House and there are two very good restaurants a couple of minutes walk - Hotel Baudy (must go out the back to see the studio where the artists used to paint and the delightful gardens) and also L'Esquisse Gourmande.

The perfect place to stay while visiting Giverny.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TrudiHornchurchEssex
Also consider these accommodations in or near Giverny
La Musardiere
#5 of 13 in Giverny
Moulin des Chennevieres
Moulin des Chennevieres
#4 of 13 in Giverny

Been to Le Clos Fleuri? Share your experiences!