“Birthday treat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Jardin des Plumes

Le Jardin des Plumes
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Giverny
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Birthday treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by our B and B, we called in the morning to make a reservation. When we arrived we were welcomed, warmly. We had our aperitif on the terrace before moving inside for our meal, which was delicious. A fairly expensive evening but a treat as it was my birthday. We would go again if we visit the area again.

Visited September 2013

Toronto, Canada
“the longer not the better...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Sept 4th 2013, table of 7 @ 12:30. Our friends arrived before 1pm. The restaurant was not busy at all but we left after 3:30. The service or kitchen was deadly slow. We were not looking for full US size plate, but we could have done with bigger portion.

The service was trying to get busy while waiting from the kitchen so we had waiters serving wine one affter the other, but we had to get the water ourselves at some point.

beware the flies... (inside)

We had to ask 3 time for the bill...

Don't think I will go there again.

• Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed at the hotel last night and had an amazing dinner, as well as a wonderful breakfast. I can't speak highly enough of this place. The food was sophisticated, absolutely delicious, and the service super friendly, knowledgable and courteous. We come from NYC and are used to experiencing many wonderful, high-end restaurants. This was fantastic! From the terrific home-baked bread and Bordier butter (arguably the best in the world!) to the stunning deserts - everything was terrific. The staff was so friendly, the waiter even came to our room after dinner because we left before he had a chance to give us our post-dinner treats: home-made marshmallows and chocolates. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Derby, United Kingdom
“A fabulous find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

After visiting the Monet gardens on a Sunday afternoon we were hungry and tired but couldn't find anywhere open. Following the tourist information map we wandered around until we found this place. The garden and décor in the hotel was wonderful, part Art Deco and part modern. It was our wedding anniversary and the meal and staff were superb. Without an advanced booking they were able to cope with the fact that I was vegetarian and my daughter is quite picky. This was very refreshing in France as veggies usually have a hard time! Dishes were suggested and courses were amended according to our tastes. It was not cheap at 36 Euros for 3 courses. We only had 2 courses and unlike some other fancy restaurants we were pleasantly full after the meal. This is a special place and I would book before turning up next time. We compared it favourably to Raymond Blanc's Quatre Saison meal that we had recently which was much more expensive.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Derbyresponse
“Hidden gem in giverny”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Seeing your going to pay a higher price to dine in a touristy place such as giverny why not spend your well earned money in the beautiful setting of le jardin des plumes. Our hosts walked us down to this beautiful hotel / restaurant on our last evening in giverny. In hopes to have a special dinner before our departure. The hostess greeted us warmly and sat us in the dining area. We instantly felt welcome and looked after. The menu is a choice of ala carte or a mixture of plates there is also a tasting menu which if I was not pregnant would def have chanced. The staff were friendly , knowledgeable and answered all of my questions proof to ordering. I opted for two starters and my mom ordered the veal which honestly I was a little jealous I had not ordered. Everything was cooked perfectly and I could not fault this place. They looked after us well and the price was reasonable I think if your looking for something a grade above this place is where you want to try.

• 4 of 5 bubbles