All reviews crepes small hotel no elevator monet's garden family run a large car park small room perfect spot hotel restaurant outdoor eating area pleasant hotel restaurant meals lovely old building ideal for families french hotel plenty of free parking easy parking
Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

Sitting on the popular terrace we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. There is a reasonable selection from either an a la carte menu or two fixed menus. The prices are very much in the medium range, not cheap but certainly not expensive, the staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

We had lunch here after touring Monet's Gardens. The menu had quite the variety of crepes. The ham, cheese and egg crepe was fantastic and all their crepes were big enough for 2 people. Sitting on the patio enjoying a nice quite lunch was so peaceful and the staff was so nice and helpful. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Giverny for the day. It's just down the street from Monet's house but still far enough away from all the crowds.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2017

On arrival at the Hotel, everyone was so terribly busy they could not possibly speak to me. I waited, waited and then finally I got asked if I had a booking. Yes. Mmm alright wait. Then the woman proceeded to clean the floor where I had inadvertently left a couple of pieces of gravel. She finally came back, took me into the office and agreed to organise a taxi pick up for my partner who was unwell back at the Village. That was nice. We booked into our room, decided a rest was called for. We then discovered our room was above the kitchen and the incessant slamming of the cool room door was very disturbing. No sleep for me. My partner was so unwell he slept through it. To bed that night, our window open as it was a warm evening and the owner decides to conduct a loud conversation, on his phone below our window. Unbelievable. The next night when he did the same, I lent out the window and called out for quiet.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank Lesley Y
Reviewed June 20, 2017

La Musardiere Hotel and Restaurant was perfect for our trip to Giverny. It is ONE BLOCK from Claude Monet's house and gardens! How lovely to be able to walk down to the gardens and have our inexpensive hotel so close. The restaurant offered outdoor seating, overlooking the hills and cows of Giverny in the evening. We enjoyed the apple crepes, set aflame with the local Calvados brandy.

Room Tip: We loved overlooking the hills and cows from our garrett windows on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

This quaint and well run establishment with good rooms, reasonable facilities and an excellent restaurant was only spoiled by the incessant loud banging of doors. Maybe our room was located too close to the kitchen where the cool room door closed with a resounding thump frequently but intermittently. A pity that such a pleasant hotel will be remembered for being so noisy.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends