“a lovely afternoon break after the gardens”
Review of La Musardiere

and 1 more site!
La Musardiere
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Giverny
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We wish we had stayed at your hotel. We had a stone house across the river in Vernon but found it difficult ever finding a taxi to take us to Giverny so would have to trek all the way to the train station to wait for a bus to Giverny. We came over to Giverny twice to see Monet's Garden and each time we then went for afternoon refreshments at your hotel and we loved it. Our male server was so polite and friendly and accomodated us by speaking English to us as well as French. We loved your lemon crepes and somehow a Cassis lemonade was the perfect end to a hot afternoon. It was peaceful sitting out on your patio and watching the river flow by. Merci for such friendly service and good food. I highly recommend the lemon crepes!

Room Tip: Highly recommend you take a room on the Giverny side rather than Vernon. The only way to get a taxi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
carolitanormandie, Gérant at La Musardiere, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

I thank you for your message, I transmit to all the staff of la Musardiere

In the pleasure to receive you next time
Best regards

There are newer reviews for La Musardiere

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here as a family 2 Adults, 2 Children and Grandma in three rooms for 3 nights. The hotel is typically French and charming. The rooms are small and those on the seconds floor do not have much of a view but all very clean and comfortable. The Staff are lovely and food good including breakfast. We also took the boat trip offered by the hotel, on the Seine and it was absolutely lovely- such fun and a great welcome from the Captain. I would highly recommend it as a way to see Monet's countryside form a different perspective..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank saintalice
carolitanormandie, Propriétaire at La Musardiere, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

I thank you for your message, I transmit to all the staff of la Musardière and the Capitain Alain

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We were absolutely in love with this hotel and wished we could have stayed there longer! We didn't realize at the time of booking that it was on the same street as the Claude Monet house and garden - it was so great to be close to all the action in Giverny!!!!! We went for a walk at night around the hotel, and it was almost magical!

The hotel itself is great - super friendly staff and service, amazingly delicious food that is served in the restaurant. Our waiter was very friendly and engaging, everything was delicious and just perfect!

I loved this hotel and will come back!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nadja S

I thank you for your nice message, I transmit to all staff of la Musardiere. In pleasure to receive you next time

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed two nights at La Musardiere in Giverny this summer. It is relatively inexpensive, so I wasn't expecting much. The hallway approaching our room was dark and depressing with the public WC for the restaurant clients two doors down. The room was decorated with deep red and black curtains and matching bedspread that just looked dirty. The rug was threadbare, stained and gross...I was extremely happy that we packed slippers! The furniture was an odd hodgepodge of flea market pieces. While there are certainly hotels that can pull this sort of thing off and make it charming...this was not one of them. Here it just seemed uncared for and neglected. As for the breakfast...basically it is a decent croissant and coffee. Each table is given only one croissant each, but the buffet offers some hard boiled eggs, cold meats, and fruit (just apples, oranges, and a hard nectarine). Pretty much the only thing you want to eat is the croissant...the rest looks like it have been sitting around for a week. All and all, it was pretty bleak for 10euro a piece. The restaurant is also really disappointing. Two days was tough to get through and we were very happy to move on!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Fosdyke
carolitanormandie, Propriétaire at La Musardiere, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear customer
I answer your message which does not miss to surprise me. Indeed can be that the decoration was not for your taste, but I specify you that all the rooms were redone 3 years ago. The stained carpet I am opposed well. If you had spoken to me about it verbally I shall have been able to explain you that those are customers in May who stained him, I wait for the end of the season to be able to change it. Corridors and all the doors are new it were to replace in January, 2012 nothing is neglected and abandoned. Our faithful customers were able to see all the works and the improvements that we made for their comfort.
We were checked in June, 2012 to make validate our stars and the report was more than satisfying.
When in the breakfast all the products are fresh, if one morning it did not remain more that a nectarine lasts, you would have been able to ask to me for it the others, I shall have been of use to you with big pleasure. On the other hand you do not speak about the warm buffet about scrambled eggs bacon sausages, it has you can be escaped, so the jam house in seasonal fruits, without speaking about the other various dishes of our buffet. To summarize it, I am sorry that your stay did not abduct from you, be that as it may I kindly requests you to excuse me for it
Carole PRUDENT LA MUSARDIERE

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Landing in Paris after 28 hours travel, and a drive up from Roissy to Giverny, we hoped that La Musardiere would be comfortable. It was. It is a traditional French hotel, somewhat modernised, to the extent that the room spaces allow. They have comfortable beds and simple and effective shower systems. The staff are delightful - helpful and smiling. The restaurant is again traditional - good solid French cooking, not flashy, but done well and very enjoyable. We had a lovely first evening meal in France in the sun, which alone makes the place worth visiting. Very handy for the Monet house and garden - 5 minutes walk. I woulsd go back again very happily.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel is about 50 metres from the entrance to Monet's Garden and as far as I could discern the only hotel actually in Giverny.

Its a bit like an ageing British seaside hotel and a bit of a shock when you arrive. It tends to grow on you though when you get over the shock.

It's rooms are clean if small and are adequate. The staff are attentive and the restaurant and bar offer good quality food at reasonable value.

I do have to say though that the couple we were travelling with had a room on the second floor (we were on the first). They were effectively in the loft and their room was considerably worse quality than ours. I strongly advise anyone staying to insist on a room on the first floor.

Also if you like us are staying two nights arriving in the afternoon and going to the gardens next day it is worth going to the ticket office at the gardens and buying your tickets for the next day. This enables you to turn up when you like next day and enter without queuing. The queues can be quite long.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank seebeforeigo
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights while we visited Giverny and the D-Day beaches (about 2 hours away). Our room was great. We had a king sized bed, private toilet/bath/shower, and cable TV. This hotel is within walking distance to Monet's gardens, house, and gravesite. We had lunch at the hotel. The buckwheat crepes were excellent.

Room Tip: Request private bath as some rooms share a bath.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie_Craig_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Giverny
Le Jardin des Plumes
#1 of 5 in Saint-Marcel
La Dime de Giverny
La Dime de Giverny
#6 of 14 in Giverny

Been to La Musardiere? Share your experiences!