“Time your visit well for this loveliest of gardens.”

Claude Monet's House and Gardens
Book In Advance
More Info
$109.00*
and up
Giverny Roundtrip Transfer from Paris and Skip-the-Line Ticket
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Giverny
More attraction details
Owner description: These beautiful gardens inspired Impressionist Claude Monet's most famous work.
St. Michaels
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Time your visit well for this loveliest of gardens.”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

A must-see. I was there in May and the gardens were gorgeous! Unfortunately, I was not able to enjoy the house as it was so packed with tourists that you really could not see anything. I want to return but would like to know the best timing for that trip.
The village was lovely. I stopped to by a cider from a local vendor. Again, unfortunately, an American woman was arguing with him because he would not take US money. I finally just paid for her purchase. Despite this, the trip is one for the "bucket list."

Visited May 2013

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Giverny, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Absolute serenity and magic...”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have NEVER been to a more beautiful place in my entire life. A day trip from Paris is an absolute MUST. Pay for a guided tour through the official Tourism office (can't remember if it's City of Vernon or Giverny). Without the guide, I would have never appreciated the details of this magnificent place. I now totally appreciate Monet's work. After you visit Giverny, go back to Paris and visit Musee L'Orangerie. You will appreciate it SO much more….. I cannot wait to go back during a different time of year. It was July when we visited and I hear the Fall is stunning with the plant growth. It is BEYOND amazing!!!!

Visited July 2013
10 Thank Kimberly D
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“colourful and peaceful village”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I went to Giverny by public transports. From Paris I took SNCF train line to Rouen at St Lazare Paris Station and stop at Vernon Station, about 45 minutes journey. Then by bus (line 241) to Giverny, only 4km and the bus stop near to Monet village. I walked to the village, through a row of traditional French houses with beautiful gardens and full of colourful flowers. Visitors were allow to enter the garden freely. At the entrance of Claude Monet Museum there was a row of souvenir shops and restaurants. I just looked around before join a very long queue of visitors to buy tickets to enter Claude Monet House, Museum and Gardens. The museum was the house of Claude Monet, everything displayed in the museum belong and about Claude Monet, such as shoes, clothes, bed, chairs, accessories for drawing and painting, but visitors didn't allow to take photo. Then I went to the colourful gardens with all sorts of flowers, just in front of the museum. Then I went to the pond, the stream, the wooden boat and the lilies where Monet produced very famous paintings. The place was very peaceful, many visitors sit down on the bench to appreciate the beauty of the place, some tried to ride the boat and took picture as if in the painting. On the way out, I stopped at the souvenir shop under the museum. I bought few souvenirs and paintings. I was very happy and satisfied, I spent one whole day here and never feel bored. I came here during spring, I think this is the right time to visit Claude Monet Museum and Gardens.

Visited April 2013
17 Thank soriah298570
Punta Gorda, Florida
362 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 201 helpful votes
“A must for a Monet fan”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

On our way to Normandy we stopped at Giverny to visit Monet's home. We thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon. We ate lunch at the restaurant and found the food to be very good for a museum restaurant. We loved wandering the grounds and picturing Monet painting his famous works around the pond and the grounds. The house is quite interesting too.

Visited November 2013
6 Thank Richard G
Singapore
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“I loved it!!!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Visited Paris and as a side trip I went to check out Claude Monet's Garden. I ended up cycling from Vernon to Giverny and it was well worth the trip. The bike rentals was just outside the train station at the cafe across the street. It was spring so the garden was in full bloom. Lots of local (at least they were french speaking) also in the queue to the entrance. Go buy the ticket online if you want to avoid it. The garden was fabulous!!! It was fun seeing the real garden and thinking about Monet's interpretation of it. I appreciated the art more. Had fun just sitting down and enjoying the sunshine. Ended up spending the whole day here since I enjoyed cycling around Vernon on the way back. One of the best things I did on my trip to Paris.

Visited May 2013