“Delightful dinner in the sun room”

Le Comptoir et la Table
Ranked #9 of 113 Restaurants in Deauville
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Fort Myers, Florida
“Delightful dinner in the sun room”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We loved our meal here. The setting is pretty near the water and there was a bicycle race going by which added entertainment. The food was delicious and interesting. For example, my caprese salad came with tomatoes, creamy mozzarella and basil sorbet. The service was excellent and we would have returned the next night, but they were closed. A charming place.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank FondofTravel

Palma de Mallorca, Spain
“Lunch in Deauville”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Another lovely meal at this atmospheric restaurant. Michel and his wife are always most welcoming, but remember to brush up on your French before you go.My husband & I had a starter from the set lunch menu of smoked salmon, salmon mousse and avocado mousse, delicious, I then had the veal chop (huge) with a mushroom sauce and tagliatelle from the a la carte, . My husband stuck with the 3 course lunch menu and had salmon and bass with vegetables which he thoroughly enjoyed. Our puddings were the crepes suzette for me and poached pear for my husband which finished the meal off wonderfully. A firm favourite on our trips to Deauville.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Jen111212
Washington, DC
“Don't Miss It”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were lucky enough to find this place for lunch after passing by the bustling "downtown" Deauville lunch scene. This restaurant is very relaxing (at lunch anyway) and has excellent seafood. It is the kind of place where the menu is written on a chalkboard each day to reflect what is fresh that day.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank twogrape
Geneva, Switzerland
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very close by to the casino of Deauville. This is very charming restaurant that serves excellent food. Everything was great.

Pro: Location, extremely friendly service (love the old man there), great food, wonderful desserts

Con: None

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank hfng
Lexington, Kentucky
“Favorite Restaurant in Deauville”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have traveled to Deauville for several years now. On our first trip about 4 years ago, we discovered Le Comptoir et la Table on our own. We didn't have a reservation and got extremely lucky and got a table for 2. It filled up quickly with the most interesting crowd from the Thoroughbred racing world. It ended up being our best meal of the trip and a great memory, as it was such a fun, celebratory atmosphere. The jockey who won the big race of the day was there with a large group and nonstop champagne. I had the lamb, my husband had a fish dish and we were hooked. We go back every year and have gotten to know Michel, the owner. He can be a little off putting at first, seems stern and unhappy, but it's fairly easy to get him to crack a smile and joke. He gives us hugs and kisses now when we show up, even though it's only about twice a year. Great memory!

In August of 2012 I had the best lobster of my life here. It was so fresh and "infused" with the scent of rosemary and butter - just melted in my mouth. My dessert was so beautiful, but can't find the photo to share with you! It was a very large homemade raspberry macaroon served with several sorbets.

In December 2012 I had Coquilles St. Jacques, which were nice and light, and very tasty. My husband and I also shared the escargots, which were excellent.

We have probably eaten here at least 6 times - every time has been enjoyable. I highly recommend it and a reservation is almost a "must", but if you get there just as dinner hour begins, you might be able to get in with a smaller party.

• Visited December 2012