“Excellent food and wine”
Review of Le Spinnaker

Le Spinnaker
Reserve with
Le Spinnaker is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 114 Restaurants in Deauville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Loin des modes et des sentiers battus, dans un cadre moderne, epure et elegant, ou se conjuguent l'art de la table et les saveurs, Frederic Lesieur saura vous offrir une cuisine riche en voyage, avec des saveurs d'Asie , d'Italie et de Mediterranee. Sa cuisine gastronomique navigue sur les contrastes chaud-froid, sucre-sale croustillant-moelleux...Avec toujours a l'horizon des saveurs, des odeurs de la couleur... Le Spinnaker vous invite a un beau voyage.
Reviewed October 5, 2013

It had been a couple of years since last visited Le Spinnaker. Although the food was wonderful, the restaurant itself lacked a bit of atmosphere. But last night we decided to give it another go. And that was a great idea. A slight change of décor had made the resto a bit more cosy, although not too. And the food and wine were simply very good. Although prices are quite steep, it was well worth it.

Frederic L, Propriétaire at Le Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

M Adriana,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings to users on your dinner in our restaurant.

I am delighted that the dinner was delicious, and our services to meet your expectations as taste and in the service.

Our team is very attentive and sensitive to the returns that encourage us to persevere in our daily work and allow our customers to experience moments of happiness and relaxation among us.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The setting is comfortable; upscale but not intimidating. The service was friendly and professional. The food was classically prepared. We had a crab salad and the egg en cocotte as appetizers. I had asked the waiter about the egg, as I couldn't imagine what one would do to an egg to make it appetizer worthy. I've seen them on several menus and was curious. He suggested that I really ought to try it, so I did. Six weeks later, it remains the most delicious single item I've eaten in France. Even as I describe it, I know I'm not doing it justice. In a tiny casserole dish was a bed of creamy spinach. The egg sat on top of that in a rich broth, and then it was topped with Parmesan. The waiter then sliced black truffle over the top. It came with toasted brioche slices for dipping. I've since ordered similar dishes three times in search of the same experience without success. I guess I'll have to go back to Deauville.

For our main course, we both ordered Sole Meunière, and it was delicious. We followed that with a selection from the cheese tray, and went home feeling well fed but not uncomfortable.

Overall, a really pleasant evening. I'll go back.

Frederic L, Propriétaire at Le Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

M Daniel,

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Following the recommendation of a local shop owner we entered that restaurant. After being told that the small restaurant was almost fully booked we got a small table. Originally we thought that there is a 3-course menu for 29€, however that menu is only valid during lunch hours. We ended up with a 55€ pp menu, which was gorgeous. We enjoyed 4 great entries, a delicious main, an amazing cheese selection/platter and a rich & delicious desert. The service was top notch. There is always room for improvement, but the value for your money is great. Just go there!!

Frederic L, Propriétaire at Le Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

M Daniel M

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had the most gorgeous meal here while staying in Deauville for the racing. The food is top class and very tasty! You won't leave here feeling hungry. Mainly fish orientated but that is what you would expect at a fishing port. Wine list was good too and staff will help you pick the best to compliment your food and not nessecarily the most expensive! There is no dessert menu, instead the Chef will come and tell you what he has made that day, so all very seasonal.

We went on a Saturday night and it was full, they do two covers we were the earlier 7.30pm, but we never felt rushed. Staff were friendly but not intrusive. Will definitely be going again.

Frederic L, Propriétaire at Le Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

M Netty Russ

Reviewed August 29, 2013

One of the best meals I've ever had and the best paella I've ever eaten, and I've traveled to Spain. Somehow this was better. I came here with my husband and mother in law for an early dinner. All the food was absolutely incredible, the staff was really attentive and the atmosphere was warm and cozy. It is pricey but extremely worth it. Make a reservation though ahead of time, about a week at least. The entire place filled up very quickly and many were turned away at the door. This place is extremely worth the time and money.

M Katrina