This was our meal to celebrate completing our cycling trip around Normandy. We had an amazing time, tasted delicious food and met some fantastic locals during our trip. This experience was our only negative. We each ordered moules frites and a 50cl carafe of white wine. Upon waiting for our meal, the wine came and we poured the bottle between our 3 glasses. After a sip or 2 each, the wine was found to be room temperature and having paid about 12euros I decided to tell the waiter. This then got passed onto his boss who came over and very rudely asked what the problem was. I explained again and she grabbed all our glasses and the empty bottle. She then came back a minute or 2 later and put a bottle back on our table in an ice bucket. She had clearly put the wine from our glasses back in the empty bottle which we all found very unprofessional. She then took about 20 mins to bring over some mayonnaise for the chips. An extremely rude individual in an area of the world which we are so fond of. A big shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of old Cherbourg directly facing the port, the hotel restaurant La Regence offers easy access to the harbour, the train station and the cite de la mer. We are ideally located for cross-channel travelers and for all lovers of the cotentin region. The restaurant offers a warm and inviting atmosphere. Specialities are seafood and regional cuisine. The hotel Logis has comfortable rooms, 8 with view of the port. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Logis La Regence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Regence Cherbourg Octeville
- La Regence Hotel Cherbourg Octeville