All reviews the blue room homemade jams french doors fully equipped kitchen separate entrance modern bathroom washing machine top floor few minutes walk orange juice third floor would definitely stay here again bread within walking distance elizabeth gated convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at La Maison for 3 nights in June. There were 5 of us and we each had a room and bath. Each room was very comfortable and well equipped. A really great location, walking distance to anything you could want. I would stay here in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2019

My husband and I had a wonderful time staying in Elizabeth’s beautiful family home!!! She was such a delight and so down to earth and made us feel like we were family the three nights we were there. Our room was cozy and the continental breakfast in their stunning dining room was a treat! Besides Elizabeth, I fell in love with her magnificent roses; the biggest I’ve ever seen! Wish we had more time to explore Caen’s history but we were there to do a D Day Tour! By the way, her room rates were very affordable. I can’t think of a better place to start one’s two week journey in France then with Elizabeth. Nothing beats getting to know the people wherever you travel! One we’ll never forget❤️!!!!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jilliemac
Famille-Valognes, Propriétaire at La Maison de Famille, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2019

Oh dear, that is such a nice comment !
I was also very touched by what you wrote on your mailing card.
If you want to come back to see my roses, it has to be in May (blooming period).
All the best to you and Bob!

Reviewed July 18, 2019 via mobile

We had a charming stay with Elizabeth at La Maison de Famille. She is the perfect B & B host. Our three days there were flawless. It is the rare small B&B that really gets the details right. Warmth and character.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank georgebear108
Elizabeth V, Propriétaire at La Maison de Famille, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2019

Thank you George !
It was a pleasure to have you and Rebecca at Home.
I hope you had fun in Brittany,
Take care & continue to stay in shape ;-)

Reviewed June 26, 2019

highly recommended, delightful hosts, we rented the spacious ground floor unit and a top floor unit, (Note: there are a number of steps to get to the top floor), very nice breakfasts served with nice variety of offerings, parking available, fine location within walking distance of many restaurants, shops and historical sites

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank DVE11044
Reviewed November 24, 2018

This place is alive with character. So much history, creaky staircase (which is exactly what I'm looking for in a cool/old BnB), comfy rooms, super-nice host (Elizabeth), walking distance to incredible food and sightseeing (the castle!), highly recommend staying here if you're looking for an eclectic experience. Place is beautiful.

Room tip: The top floor "flat" is like something out of a story book.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank mwfinster
Famille-Valognes, Propriétaire at La Maison de Famille, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2018

I will be glad to welcome you again when you plan to visit the Mont St Michel ;-)
My best to your lovely parents.