“Good but a bit overpriced”
Review of Let's Wok

Let's Wok
Ranked #184 of 546 Restaurants in Caen
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed October 26, 2016

We went out as a family, my husband and I are our 10 year old daughter. There is a good assortment of chicken dishes, 2 kinds of rice, plenty of sushi and lots of shrimp dishes. There is a small setup with hot food and then a cold station where you can get the chef to grill some items however not really impressed by the salad set up, only a potato salad and some weird green slimy, I didn't recognize it.
The dessert station is very nice, tons of ice cream, a lemon pie, some grapes, lychee and some small donuts. Overall we ate ok i'd say but for dinner the adult price is 16.90 euros and under 8 years old it's 7.90 euros, for a 10 year old kid she didn't eat 16.90euro worth of food that's for certain so that was a bit much.
We never were asked for drinks and had to get our own water carafe twice. They did pick up our plates promptly however and it is very clean and quite modern inside. I'd like to try the lunch buffet perhaps it's better value for money...

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank CanadatoFrance

Reviewed July 24, 2016

It's a good restaurant you can choose the food you want.
There's a wok you choose some food and they cook it in the wok
Careful because a few people didn't feel very well afterwards

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank Eueu B
Reviewed May 18, 2016

If you just want to spend an evening sampling lots of oriental dishes at your leisure, this is the place. It can get a little pricier than anticipated once te drinks are added on but overall, you can't really complain. I think the oriental buffet is taken to a high degree here. I recommend for big eaters! I am not particularly, but I do appreciate the variety at times.

Date of visit: June 2015
2  Thank Gwen L
Reviewed September 5, 2015

I liked this place a lot. I admit I am not 100% objective, in the sense that I am English and live in Normandy. Therefore I rarely get to go to restaurants that offer non-French cuisine. In England, you can find Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese on every high street, but not in France. So at least one point of my rating is for the simple fact that this place offers asian cooking at all. But its a good place, a large range of starters buffet-style with the main courses cooked in a big wok. The flavors were good and the quality too. i will come again.

Date of visit: March 2015
1  Thank DDayPaul
Reviewed May 2, 2015

It was pouring with rain, Saturday night on a holiday week-end and the Movie house next door was busy....here too. Hardly a table free with many people mingling around the buffet which was almost immediately in front of the entrance, so there was continuous coming and go to and from the buffet, exit and entrance. All a little confusing but the folk got on with it.

Quality of buffet was ok, there was a very large variety of products, and was replenished on a semi-regular basis, they didn't always manage to keep up. It was clean and varied, quality of products was, I would say average. Not exiting, no different to many other Chinese - Asian buffets - and at 15.90 not the cheapest, but as I say, average.

The general cleanliness was good, service were not unfriendly, but were really running around trying to keep up with drink service, and were obviously under-staffed for the amount of business.; but they managed to keep everyone served, I guess. Maybe the continuous rain on a Holiday w/end caught them out.

If you like this sort of evening out, okay, but nothing really special, just different ( except for Asian dining ) and a little un-personal.
I; for one, will definitely not return, it was an experiment and convenient, there were several other restaurants just adjacent, also with varying levels of business, but, as mentioned Sat.night and all were mighty busy.
It wasn't bad, but definitely not good...just average!

Date of visit: April 2015