Hotel Astrid
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsno elevatorno frillslimited englishpoor frenchstreet parkingcroissantswould definitely stay here againferry portlovely hotelconvenient locationhotel is locatedbreadeurosfrancecentrebayeuxbase
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Spent one night here. It is right in the city centre. We parked in a public carpark down the road which was very reasonable. We were in room I on the first floor. It had a tiny balcony and a view over roofs. The heating was effective. It had a shower and a separate toilet.. We didn't have breakfast but it was available. The bed was very comfy. The location is great, close to the shops, the castle, bars and restaurants. The receptionist spoke good English and was very friendly. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda H
Reviewed November 5, 2010

I used Caen as a stepping stone to prepare for Paris. This hotel was clean, the staff friendly and able to help me find places to go even with my poor french. I was asked if I wanted breakfast (7euro) and what time. At the appointed time I was getting ready to head down when voila my breakfast appeared at my door. Very nice. There was some street noise but the double paned windows blocked most of it. Hotel was centrally located in downtown and just off the main transit route.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Oldgriz707
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We enjoyed staying at Hotel Astrid. It's a no frills hotel, but the location is right smack in the center and all major sites are easily accessible. Rooms were spacious.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank SC070
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We stayed here at the last minute, having made a reservation online on a website the night before. We were on a road trip in France and were on our way from Mont. St. Michel, Normandy to Belgium.

We arrived in the evening. Try and get good directions. We forgot and had to stop and ask people. It did work out. We did the next say see signs for the hotel while walking towards the castle, but really, they would not have helped. So directions!

The hotel is located right within walking distance to the castle and in the city. Great location! If you are driving, there isn't a garage. We parked on the street across from the hotel, and in the evening, you don't have to pay till 930am. There is a buslane on the side of the hotel. So the man running the hotel came out and told us to just drive up onto the very wide sidewalk to unload!

It can be challenging to find a room in Europe for 4 people! We had a room on the first floor, there is no elevator. Our room was very spacious and included two double beds and a folded up cot. As well as a nice sized table with chairs.

It was clean and comfortable. The next day, they brought breakfast to the room. Breakfast was 7euros each. It was ok. hot chocolate, tea, coffee, bread, croissants.

The service was excellent. I can't emphasize this enough. The people working there were very nice, and friendly. I speak french so I don't know if they speak English, but I do know that the man working at the front desk also speaks Spanish.

The price was 75 euros for the room. Cannot beat that for location, and value.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank drironwoman
Reviewed August 23, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Hotel Astrid for 2 nights, we were very impressed with the cleanliness and querkiness of the hotel and we absoluetly adored the breakfast (which is served to your room). The children were also very well catered for. The location of the hotel is idea for having a walk around Caen although we used it as a stop over hotel, for which it was perfect. There is no parking at the hotel, other than street parking which is on a meter, however the owners of the hotel were more than accommodating to help us find somewhere to park with our trailer in tow! The owner of the hotel actually moved his own car to allow us to use his space - how polite was that! and set us all in good spirit for our following 2 nights stay. Thank you for a lovely stay and if we are ever in Caen again we will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family