“Really friendly and accommodating”
Review of Le Coq Noir

Le Coq Noir
Ranked #141 of 459 Restaurants in Caen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Un lieu chaleureux qui vous accueille autour d'une cuisine italienne raffinée et savoureuse à base de nombreux produits A.O.C.
Bath, United Kingdom
“Really friendly and accommodating”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

We came here for a family meal. I was on the set menu (vegetarian friendly) but before dessert the youngest member of our entourage announced he was ready for bed. Unperturbed, our waitress suggested we take dessert away as a take out. Perfect! Family friendly, vegetarian friendly, and just... friendly.

London, United Kingdom
“A great little place to eat in Caen.”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were meeting up with family in Caen on our way home and saw an english review for this place and booked on the strength of this via very effective email

I'm so pleased we did because my english speaking friends it is a gem! My wife is a veggie and not the sort of veggie that eats fish! France is normally a bit of a culinary struggle. Not here! Le Coq Noir served up some fabulous Gnoccchi and pesto creation that was excellent.

The waitress spoke a good level of english and the service was fast but didn't feel hurried in any way. A very reasonably priced alternative to the crap served up on the average cross channel ferry so I would recommend gastronomically preloading before the ferry home.

The restaurant was packed on a weekday, always a good sign, and was next to the harbour. You can spend a very pleasant afternoon watching all the boats bobbing up and down before heading home.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mdw81
Caen, France
“Simply the best Italian in Caen”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great food, good service. Everything is fresh and homemade.
I didn't know the first thing about Italian wine, but the waitress gave me very good advice.
All in all, it's the best place to eat modern Italian food, not the lame pizzeria you can find anywhere in France.

• Visited August 2013
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food, lovely experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We happened on this small restaurant by chance and had a great meal. House made pasta and the best salad I had in my two weeks in France and England. I don't speak French, but it was not a problem. Service was efficient and pleasant. We got there just as the restaurant opened and it quickly filled up so consider making a reservation.

• Visited May 2013