“d day beaches”
Review of D-day Guided Tours

D-day Guided Tours
Ranked #3 of 6 Tours in Caen
More attraction details
Owner description: Based in Caen,private licensed guide and driver proposes private tours in Normandy.Expert on the landing beaches, I also provide services from Paris to Normandy with the visit of Normandy heritage sites as Giverny, Honfleur, Rouen, Mont Saint Michel...I arrange tours on demand to suit you.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
grimsby united kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“d day beaches”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

brilliant holiday very good insight to what happened went to some interesting museums and little villages also visited all the d day beaches

Visited September 2013

Northville MI
4 attraction reviews
“Remarkable, Lifetime Memories”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My brother, his wife and my wife and I were fortunate to retain Mathias for our first trip to the area. Our uncle was a casualty on Utah Beach on D Day and from the time we met Mathias at the train station in Caen, we knew we were fortunate. We had provided him with our uncle's unit and related details and he personalized the tour to make it feel like our own. His knowledge and passion are very evident and he immediately made us comfortable as if we were visiting a long lost friend. I cannot imagine having visited the area without using Mathias as he maximized our full day to be able to learn so much and experience details that we would simply never have known. The day ended with our visit to our uncle's gravesite at the American cemetery at Normandy and it was as emotional an ending as I could ever have imagined. If history, detail and personalization are what you are looking for, look no further, Mathias will make your visit a lifetime memory.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank John O
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A day with the Mathias Encyclopedia!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We spent a day with Mathias in September 2012 (sorry for the late review).
Mathias is a REMARKABLE guide! I have never met somebody so knowledgeable and passionate about their job. We started our Normandy tour in Sainte-Mère-Église where Mathias explained its history. He knows so many details about WW2, it's amazing. He has maps, pictures, diagrams. It comes to life before you. This was Disneyland for my husband who also knows a lot on WW2 history. I certainly learned a lot listening to the two of them discuss WW2 at length.
Worth every Euro! Our tour catered to what my husband wanted to see and Mathias maximized on the time we had...even went above and beyond.
We will certainly hire Mathias again. We'd love to visit Mont Saint Michel.

Au plaisir!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank vero007
Westlake Village, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tour of Utah, Omaha Beach and American cemetery.”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Mathias Leclère is incredible, his knowledge and depth of information is immense. We enjoyed our half day tour with him so much, he brought the whole thing to life for us. Not sure how we could have learned more from anyone else, highly recommend him.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bruce B
Venice
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic tour, kids loved it!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Matthias was a phenomenal tour guide. I am so glad that we did not try to do a self tour. Matthias was worth every Euro. We opted for the half day tour of the American sites. Our 13 and 11 year old sons loved it and a half day was good for them. As a history buff, I had a good general knowledge of the events, but I learned so much more today on our tour. It was so good that Ididnot want to wait to write this review. Seeing these sites with such a knowledgeable guide brought the events to life for us and the kids. Our youngest also enjoyed running through the bomb craters! Matthias explained everything, details I never knew before. I came away with a much greater appreciation for what those soldiers faced, for their bravery, and admiration for what they accomplished.

Visited July 2013