“Clean, inexpensive and ideal for travellers arriving by train.”
Review of Hotel De Rouen

Hotel De Rouen
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Caen
Watford UK
“Clean, inexpensive and ideal for travellers arriving by train.”
Reviewed July 4, 2009

I stopped at this hotel in June for one night. I had noticed it on a previous visit to Caen, what drew my attention initially was the very reasonable room rate of 40 Euros. When I travel I am simply looking for somewhere to put my head down, extensive facilities, restaurants, wi-fi, gyms etc. do not feature in my requirements.
Booking my stay was easy, I sent an email, the quote came back very quickly and I was booked. The proprietor took my booking on trust, no need for me to leave credit card details.
Upon arrival I was made very welcome and the usual etiquettes were explained. My room was clean, tidy and had ensuite facilities. The shower was very invigorating.
If you are looking for a no-frills, clean, comfortable and inexpensive Hotel, then this fits the bill.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank john87013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)