All reviews complimentary tea and coffee open bathroom orchard room train station gathering spot historic heart lovely old hotel minute walk modern rooms the main house large garden late train manor house eggs made to order an aperitif breakfast was excellent beautiful place to stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We loved our all to short one night here. The rooms are large and airy, the staff friendly and helpful and the facilities are excellent. There is onsite parking and it is a short walk to the centre of town.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the great stay at hotel Domaine de Bayeux. My family and myself enjoyed it very much ! Beautiful, clean and quiet hotel in town. The staff was adorable and helpfull. Breakfast was fantastic. The room was large and charming. We couldn't expect any better place ! We will come back !

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and myself spent 3 nights at hotel Domaine de Bayeux and we could not expect a better place. The location is perfect, walk able distance from the Bayeux train station and all the attractions in town. The park around the old beautifuly renovated house is manucured and peaceful. Not a noise ! Our room was perfectly clean and we had everything we needed at our disposal. The room was beautifuly decorated. The bathroom is new and big. The lady at the front desk was extremely charming and helpful. She even found a tour of the D-Day beaches at the last minute even though September is very busy. We felt very welcome. Eating breakfast there is a treat as the food is local and the cakes are home made. Merci ! We had a great time and we will recommend this hotel to our friends.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m sitting in Orchard Room 10 right now wondering why we have wasted the money to be here.

The Domaine itself is beautiful, as are the grounds. However, we are currently sitting in what I can only refer to as rectangular box with 12 built-in and furnished Ikea boxes.

Enter the room with “modern” furniture and no amenities. There’s not even hand soap unless you consider the squeeze tetra pack body gel as much. One towel per person, and no shower door so bathroom floor is soaked after.

The WiFi that only allows 3 devices connected max. So two phones and a laptop and done. Don’t expect much for amenities.

The front desk attendant left the worst impression and will avoid her at any cost. We helped ourselves to the coffee machine as we were invited to, which has a frothing feature. However she FAILED to tell us it’s not a feature that works. So the espresso went everywhere when the froth blew hot steam. The front desk girl ran in and yelled “what did YOU do?!” like we were children playing with something we shouldn’t. Shocked and mortified by her reaction, we retreated to our room.

We will no longer be paying for breakfast just so we can avoid being treated poorly by staff.

I wish we had booked anywhere but this hotel and had an authentic Bayeux experience, as there are plenty of choices. What an utter disappointment and terrible start to our honeymoon.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Nadege-DDB, Propriétaire at Domaine de Bayeux, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good evening,

What can I reply to such a resentful person, to whom I offered to discuss, but who did not even bother to come to see me, at least to checkout and to return the key. ?

And what can I say about the unspeakable dirty condition we found in the room you left this morning, and beyond the basic respect for the housekeeping ?

According to the history of your reviews (many times on honeymoon trips, how amazing!), few establishments escaped your acerbity.

We can easily accept the remarks, which contribute to improve our quality of service, but we do not accept your insulting comments, particularly towards our receptionist.

For your information, even if you don’t know the difference, the furniture in the orchard rooms was made to measure by French craftsmen.
Regarding the shower without doors, we just call it an Italian shower. It measures 1.60m x 90 m , so it’s unlikely to have a soaked bathroom floor.

Disappointment is mutual.

Salutations

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My friend and I spent four nights, in separate rooms, in the newly constructed building located in the formal
garden behind the period manor house. The large comfortable rooms are styled in muted tones with contemporary furnishings. The bathroom was large, the water pressure strong, and the air conditioning ,which I used only once, worked perfectly. In addition, each had sliding glass doors leading to a terrace overlooking a pretty orchard.
A full buffet breakfast is served in the main house and it’s delicious.
Nedege, the owner, and her employees are extremely helpful, kind and patient.
Our stay was perfect and I hope one day to return to lovely Bayeux and Domaine de Bayeux.
By the way, if you love food, don’t miss the Saturday market, it’s outstanding,

1  Thank chimneycottage