“Home Run”

Ranked #3 of 32 Bayeux B&B and Inns
Lake Placid, FL
“Home Run”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

You should know, my wife and I were looking for a B&B with a true French experience. We did not want to stay in a more modern "recreation". I spend 6 months every year, on the road in the US for business. The last thing I wanted, was to travel to France and stay in a "cookie cutter" hotel. Tardif was a home run.

Anthony could not have been more helpful, and personal. Somehow, he was able to get us a D-Day tour ON D-DAY. I appreciated his casual approach, and even more so, his dry humor. If he leaves, the owners better find another Anthony.

Our room was huge...really Huge. We were on the top floor, and the room was as authentic as could be. We truly felt like we had stepped back in time. The Bathroom was also huge. The room and bathroom had all the amenities of a modern room (although, we never turned the TV on) yet maintains it's place in time. Also the bed was plenty comfortable.

We really enjoyed the breakfasts. It was a classic French breakfast with Coffee, Tea, Fresh OJ, FRESH croissants w/Jam, & hard boiled eggs. If you are looking for an IHOP style American breakfast, where one might gorge themselves into a coma...stay home. The food and setting for the breakfast here was perfect.

In the end, if you are looking for a real French experience, the Tardif delivers. The value for the stay was perfectly priced in my opinion. After much of my own daunting research (including tripadvisor) I was rewarded with what some might think to be the exception. That being a room that actually lived up to the reviews. Trust the reviews on this one. Book it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Hebrew first
Edina, Minnesota
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Hotel Tardiff is a beautiful place to stay in a beautiful town. We just loved Bayeux and the Tardiff made our stay perfect. The location is great and the house and gardens are lovely. We were very comfortable in our generous sized room and bath. Anthony is a gracious host and is willing help with whatever you need. We would definately stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I'm writing this review on behalf of my mother. I cannot recommend Hotel Tardif enough... The rooms are lovely, the breakfasts excellent and the overall ambiance splendid. But what really made my mother's experience beyond wonderful was Anthony. My parents were traveling in Bayeux when my father became seriously ill and had to be hospitalized. Anthony introduced my mother to his friends, who could help translate medical information, sit with her, etc... He checked in with her everyday and really went above and beyond...
She needed to FedEx my father's belongings home and Anthony took charge of that, so she wouldn't have to worry about the details. And even after Fed Ex lost two suitcases, he still worked on our behalf to get them back (we did)!
After she left, he checked up on us/my father's condition via email.
Can't recommend the hotel and Anthony, enough.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Laura C
denver
Reviewed June 9, 2012

A wonderful stay from A-Z! Great accommodations, breakfast and attention to detail from Anthony. I highly recommend the Tardiff. Bayeux is a beautiful little town, full of friendly people and store/restaurant owners. Can't say enough good things!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Tardif last summer. I originally stayed in Bayeux because I heard it was a nice place to tour the D-Day sites, but I was very happy with my overall experience in the town and Hotel Tardif. It is situated in a great location, right near the Cathedral and city square. It was a bit of a hike from the train station, but once I reached the hotel I could easily walk to anywhere in town, including the tapestry museum and my D-Day tour departure site. I happened to be in Bayeux during a medieval fair, which was pretty neat. The streets were lined with people and vendors.

The bathroom was huge and rooms were spacious. Definitely a change of pace from some other hotels in Europe. The bed was very comfortable and the garden area was gorgeous. The owner/proprietor was incredibly helpful. He took the time to point out all of the major attractions and gave me a few tips on where to have dinner. I also had an unusual check-out time, but he was very accommodating.

I really have no complaints and can heartily recommend Hotel Tardif to anyone making a trip to the Normandy area. It was one of the nicest, most unique places I stayed during my trip around Europe.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Oakland, California
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed two nights in late May and loved the spacious rooms and ambiance. It felt like we were guests at a chateau. The breakfasts were excellent and efficient. Anthony could not have been more helpful. My brother-in-law lost a hearing aid at the American Cemetery security entrance where everything had to be taken out of pockets. We were leaving, so Anthony agreed to call for us. He was told they did not have it. However, he was dissatisfied with the response and drove out to the site, where he badgered them and found the lost hearing aid! The bathrooms were outstanding, modern and spacious and the grounds were peaceful and idyllic. It is only a short walk from the Tardif in one direction to the cathedral and in the other direction to the Bayeux Tapestry.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ballantrae Ontario Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Located next to the Cathedral. Walking distance to numerous restaurants. 10 minutes by car to the normandy Beaches. A Chateau in the midst of a city.

Room Tip: It does not get any better than this if you want to visit the beaches of Normandy. our host and host...