1,689 results
All reviews honor system piggy bank bunk beds train station d day beaches excellent location normandy beaches family room street parking basic hotel quiche within walking distance would stay here again triple room day tour short walk tapestry museum
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2016

This is a fabulous little hotel in the best location in Bayeux. Right opposite the cathedral, it has the most friendly and welcoming staff you could wish for. Any late arrivals are catered for.
Breakfast is excellent with a huge choice of hot and cold foods. There is a drinks area behind reception with an honesty box ! Reasonably priced as well.

Rooms are small but very clean and comfortable. Room heaters, TV sets, etc. Nice bathroom with power shower.

The only negative (and it's a small one) is make sure you pre-book a parking space as this is limited. Otherwise, the perfect place to stay in a marvellous town in Normandy. Will DEFINITELY be coming back,

Room tip: Most rooms are quiet but those away from the main road (27, 29, 31, etc) are better.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Mark_Reynolds1974
Reviewed October 22, 2016

Nice, clean hotel. Rooms a bit larger than the rooms in Paris. Our room had the toilet separated from the shower area. Didn't eat breakfast. Too pricey. Cafes are down the street if you'd like. Owner very pleasant and helpful. We only had to walk up the street to join the Bayeux Shuttle for the Normandy tour, which I highly recommend.

Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is a perfect little gem. My focus was on learning about William the Conqueror, but it would be great for the WWII history lover, too. It's easily walkable to the Bayeux Tapestry and the Cathedral. The breakfast available for an extra 13 euro is well worth it. Friendly staff--especially Patricia! She booked me an extra night and called me a taxi for my early morning ride to the ferry. She also provided an extension for my power converter and tested it for me. She suggested a beautiful free light show at the cathedral. The room was adorable--lovely skylight where I viewed a framed image of the near-full moon for a night. Bed was very comfortable, and everything was impeccably clean. Elegant, simple furnishings. It had everything I needed and I loved staying there.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 13, 2016

The staff were universally helpful and kind, but to me it was a bit like staying in an upmarket youth hostel. The carpet on the main stairs could probably do with replacing, although the back stairs (which we found later on) were wooden and much better. Our double room was very small (I was surprised to read another review saying that theirs was large) so we had to take turns to walk around the bed and use the bathroom. There is a separate loo which is probably a good idea, given these dimensions. There was a single wardrobe with a few hangers but there were no hooks anywhere, not in the room or the bathroom. What to do with coats and towels? Throw them on the floor? As a result we hung our towels over the shower cubicles, and they were replaced the next day. As we were only there for two nights, I would have preferred to keep the same towels, so I thought that was a shame. Perhaps they could fit some hooks over the (tiny) radiator in the bathroom and some others on the outside of the wardrobe? The bathrooms were modern, but the basin was so small that washing your face meant splashing all round, and the ventilation did not work, so once you had had a shower there was no chance of seeing anything in the mirror for some time. We didn't have breakfast, so I can't comment on that. I did have a glass of wine which I couldn't really recommend, but I'm sure it was reasonably priced.

Reviewed October 11, 2016

This is the perfect location in an amazing Normandy town. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. Our room was a little dated but it very clean, comfortable and functional. The check in was fast and easy with the amenities well explained.