“Centre of town hotel.”
Review of Hotel Le Bayeux

Hotel Le Bayeux
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Bayeux
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Hotel is situated very close to cathedral and Bayeux tapestry. We used it as base to tour WW2 beaches. Bayeux is an attractive city with easy parking and short drive to beaches. Not a luxury hotel but for the price and central location quite satisfactory.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bockleopop
mireille b, Owner at Hotel Le Bayeux, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Bockleopop, we are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Le Bayeux .
Many thanks
Your Hotel Le Bayeux Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,425)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while visiting the Normandy sites and Im really glad we did. Bayeux is picturesque with a beautiful cathedral and tapestry. I enjoyed this town very much. The room was large, clean, with tv and wifi. The staff was very friendly. They offer breakfast which is delicious. Eggs, ham, tomates, bacon, crepes, pastries, cereal, fruit, cheese, etc. Well worth the extra 10 euro. After touring Normandy, it confirmed staying in this town rather than one of the smaller towns along the beaches.
I have no cons for this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room on the bottom floor. There is no screen/bar on the window, so I wasnt comfortable keep...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
mireille b, Manager at Hotel Le Bayeux, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Browie,
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay at the Hotel Le Bayeux.
I'm delighted that you enjoyed our location. I am most pleased of all thought that you enjoyed our service which is what we work hardest at. I sincerely hope we will be able to welcome you back to our Hotel. MAny thanks, your Hotel Le Baeyux Team

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I spent two pleasant nights at the Hotel Le Bayeux in February 2014. I was looking for something convenient to D Day beaches and sights in Bayeux -- but not too expensive -- and this family run hotel fit the bill. I arrived after dark and when I expressed an interest in taking night photos, the owner took me to his office and showed me photos he had taken and showed me on a map where some of the prime spots would be (all within 5 minutes walking). The cathedral and the Bayeux Tapestry museum are both easy walking distance from the hotel -- I was able to go to both before the tour buses and so seemed to have them to myself! They love Americans at this hotel -- they have D-Day posters all around and even display American and Allied flags in the lobby. Everyone at the hotel speaks English, but they also had patience with my French (merci!). The lobby seems like a cozy family room and they have guide books and maps for your use in the lobby and are very willing to help plan your next day's sightseeing. The room had 6 electrical outlets (!) so I could charge my camera batteries, phone, and laptop all at the same time. The internet is free and worked fine. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms are not fancy, but are comfortable. My room was on the ground floor and the window faced...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ddell2

Dear ddell2,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Hotel Le Baeyux. We are very glad to hear such a nice words about our room, staff and breakfast, as well as the hotel location. It will be a real pleasure for us to host you in our hotel again.

Best regards,
your Hotel le Bayeux Team

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel le Bayeux for one night before a tour of Normandy. The staff was incredibly helpful, gave me insightful recommendations of what to see in my free time, and had a great room! I will definitely come back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Andrew H

Dear Andrew H, we are Very pleasing to read your review. I am pleased that we impressed you and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Many thanks, your Hotel le Baeyux Team

Reviewed February 25, 2014

A very friendly welcome, good central location, comfortable room,full breakfast, continental style plus eggs and bacon!
Hotel parking available for 10 euros, but free parking nearby. 5 minutes walk to cathedral and restaurants.

Dear constablefamily,
Thank you for your review and for your high recommendations. I am very pleased to know that you liked the hotel, location, breakfast and staff. Hope to see you again soon.

Your Hotel Le Bayeux Team

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We had a wonderful couple of nights stay. It was a brilliant respite at the end of the day from the touring around. The owners and staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. The breakfast is a must to start a day of sightseeing. Would not hesitate to stay when we visit next time.
Dan W

Dear Dan ,
We appreciated very much again for taking the time to inform your valuable thoughts and we look forward to welcome you again at the Hotel Le Bayeux.

Best regards,
your Hotel Le Bayeux Staff

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Only able to send one night in your clean comfortable hospitable hotel whose staff and facilities are excellent and at a very reasonable cost. Well worth future stays and for longer periods. I cant comment on the hotel's facilities that I did not use. The breakfast was copious and faultless. the location of the hotel vis-à-vis the cathedral and the Tapestry was superb.

Room Tip: I have no negative comments to make. During my brief visit to Normandy this month, this hotel surpa...
1  Thank William T