Hotel Le Bayeux
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
1,456 results
All reviewshonor systempiggy bankbunk bedstrain stationd day beachesexcellent locationnormandy beachesstreet parkingfamily roomtriple roomwould stay here againwithin walking distancethe ground floorday tourtapestry museumshort walkcroissants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Great place to stay. Clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff are extremely welcoming and helpful for planning your visit to the area. Perfect location too, a 2 minute walk to the town centre. Great wifi access also, very fast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tim R
mireille b, Owner at Hotel Le Bayeux, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Tim R,
Thank you for your recent visit to the Hotel Le Bayeux. I'm glad that your stay was perfect. I appreciate your comments about the wifi and location. Thank you also for your mention about the staff.
Best Regards, your Hotel Le Bayeux Team

Reviewed January 10, 2014

August Bank Holiday 2013:
Just a few minutes walking distance from the Cathedral/Tapestry/town centre.
We wanted best value for 2 nights for myself, husband & teenage daughter and definitely found it here! Our small family room was ideal for a short stay - clean & comfortable.
Plenty to choose for breakfast which is self-serve buffet and the restaurant is very nice. Tables beside the window have a glimpse across to the Cathedral.
Although I speak French fairly well, the staff at reception spoke very good English. They were incredibly helpful and gave us advice as to where to stand so that we didn't miss the "son et lumiere" show at the Town Hall, which was just as well, as it was packed! (If you go, be prepared for queue rage!!) They also recommended a lovely restaurant, on the corner opposite the Cathedral. They have a discount agreement with them but the food is good.
The only downside is the lack of parking (very small car park on a 1st come,1st served basis) but there is a good sized car park on the corner, at the bottom of the street which, although full during the day,had plenty of spaces overnight.
If we were to return to this area, I would definitely stay at "Hotel le Bayeux" again.

Room Tip: We booked quite late & had a room on ground floor which looked out onto drive/car park at side so no view, but there are shutters/blinds for privacy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank FrillyWitch
mireille b, Manager at Hotel Le Bayeux, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear FrillyWitch,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad you had a good stay at the Hotel le Bayeux.
Hope to see you again.
Best regards, Hotel Le baeyux Staff

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We check in almost midnight,but the reception Very patiently give me advice about here on the tour route and Recommended a great restaurant ,A very kind lady!Thank you very much and hope see you Again。

Room Tip: The best location and Comfortable room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KangWei1020

Dear KangWei1020,
Thank you for your nice review. I have shared your kind words with our reception staff. I am so happy you enjoyed your time with us and prove this with a high score.

Your Hotel le Bayeux Staff

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel was very conveniently located to the main street and Catheral of Bayeux. It was also not far from the famous Bayeux tapestry which is well worth the visit. The hotel room was great because we had a double bed plus a single bed which gave us room to open suitcases. The breakfast was comprehensive with both hot and cold foods available and serve in a cosy dining room. Tea and coffee were available for 2 euro in the entry lounge area. The code system for the front door allowed us to stay out late at night. From this hotel we were able to visit the Normandy coastline and left on the third day to visit Mont Saint Michel which was only an hour and a half away.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth Z
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here before being picked up for a day long tour of the Normandy Landing area and the Museum of the Tapestry. Room was "sparse" but livable. Thankfully the bathroom had been remodeled. Shower is built so water splashes out onto the floor. That part was not good. We had an 8:30am tour pickup so I was grateful when the printed material in the room said breakfast it began upstairs at 7:30am. We showed up at 7:30 and were told no breakfast until 8:00. Later I told the young girl at the front desk that the printed material in the rooms should be changed to breakfast at 8:00am. I was concerned that we would be late for our pickup. We just made it. Later our tour guide received a call from the hotel that I had left a gold cross in our room. When we got back there to pick it up, a gray-haired lady came out and gave me "what for" for wanting breakfast at a time that was not their habit in the wintertime: 1/2 hour later than usual. I would stay there again but I would steer clear of that gray-haired lady, that's for sure..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family