1,589 results
All reviews honor system piggy bank bunk beds train station d day beaches excellent location normandy beaches family room street parking triple room quiche would stay here again within walking distance day tour short walk tapestry museum croissants
Reviewed September 13, 2013

From our experience, the service really stands out. We were greeted with smiles and an earnestness to help plan our stay in Normandy. The staff helped us with questions regarding our rental car, which I believe is above and beyond. Also, a dinner reservation was made on our behalf. (My wife speaks very little French, while I'm ignorant of the language.) We especially appreciated the help with the reservation, because as we sat and ate our wonderful dinner we watched several people being turned away, because the evening was completely booked.

The hotel is also conveniently located. It's a very short walk to the cathedral and Place Charles de Gaulle. We had a rental car for touring the surrounding beaches and memorials and we were able to find parking on Rue Tardif. Private parking adjacent to the hotel is also available, but I cannot remember the daily rate since we refused. I want to say it was 10+ euros.

The room is spotless, in perfect condition, yet modest. I don't seek fancy accommodations, so calling the room "modest" is not a criticism. The room had plenty of space for two, including our luggage. The bathroom was adequate for my 6'2" frame and we really appreciated the working heated towel rack. (We had been to two other hotels during our European vacation, both with heated towel racks that would not turn on.) I also want to note that there was a DVD player attached to the TV, which is rare. For you techies, the player also supported Divx and MP3, among other formats, so it was a nice media center.

The breakfast was more than adequate. There was a selection of breads, fruits and cheeses. To drink we found hot coffee and tea, juices, and milk. In addition there was eggs, bacon and a breakfast tart. Tip: Get to breakfast early to have a slice of the tart. The breakfast area was enjoyable with views of the surrounding old town.

I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else and would happily recommend this hotel to others.

1  Thank Urteaga
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with our stay here. It is centrally located and we were able to walk easily all over the town. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was delicious and had many options. Our room was clean and had a lovely view out of a small window. The staff's dining recommendations were great. Enjoyed our stay very much.

1  Thank DRKnowles
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Hotel central situated in Bayeux, nice staff and good breakfast. A bit ordinary and no details to remember. If you just want a clean place to sleep it is ok. Of course it has the advantage of walking distance to the important sites. To see the tapestry itself is makes accommodations less important.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is an ideal hotel in many respects - location, atmosphere, and friendly staff who helped us understand the area and what was available to do. Our room was clean and spacious with comfortable beds and very quiet at night, plus the breakfast the following morning was good value. You cannot go wrong here and will get good value for money.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Had a reservation for 2 nights and before we unpacked reserved for another. The fellow at the front desk was adamant that there was no way we could see all we wanted to see plus some of his recommendations in 2 days. He was right. Lovely spot, one quiet street. Nearby to good restaurants and other attractions. My kind of place. Clean, comfortable beds. Not cheap but good value. Breakfast a little pricey but oh well. The advice you get on the area is worth the extra breakfast cost. Would stay there again for sure.

Date of stay: August 2013