“The best place to stay in Bayeux!”
Review of Hotel Le Bayeux

Hotel Le Bayeux
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Bayeux
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel is located one block away from the cathedral and main streets. The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. They definitely go above and beyond for their customers. Breakfast was very delicious and fresh. The rooms were always clean and comfortable. I would love to take their pillows home with me. If I ever come back to Bayeux, I'm definitely staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jojo500

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel le Bayeux for 3 days while we were in Normandy. Our room was spacious (by European standards) and we even had a comfortable king sized bed! We were welcomed to the hotel and given a thorough run down of what was in the area.

Many people meet in the lobby or sit outside to talk and it was great talking to others.

The breakfast was a great assortment of food. The added bonus was fresh croissants baked right there. We were eating early one morning and were brought a basket of still hot croissants. Heaven!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel during our visit to Normandy. I must say this was a highlight to our trip to Paris. Not only did the room accommodate my family perfectly, but the other services that they recommend (cafe and tours) are superior. The breakfast was nice, too. The only thing I regret is not staying for 2 nights. This hotel is in a perfect location because you can get off the train and walk to the hotel. No need to hire a car. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We needed to stay one night in Bayeux. Hotel Le Bayeux was highly rated by travelers so we chose it. Approaching the hotel I was a bit nervous because the exterior was just old looking and not inviting. Inside however was very welcoming and it was the perfect accommodations. Our room was small but very clean, and the beds extremely comfortable. The breakfast was well worth the extra euros, it was one of the best breakfasts we had in France, including hot foods and delicious sweet breads and really good breakfast coffee. Yes coffee. We had a bottle of Champagne which they let us keep in their refrigerator after our check out and we came back at the end of the day to pick it up- this was so kind of them. It was not oooh and ahhh fancy but I would highly recommend Hotel Le Bayeux for the location, clean comfortable beds and great breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jetskimom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was only at this hotel for less than 24 hours, but the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, and the room was spacious with a comfy bed. There was hot water, and the hotel was in a good location for walking to dinner in Bayeux. It was perfect for my overnight needs.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family and I stayed at this fine hotel during a visit to the beaches of Normandy. The hotel staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, and the proximity to restaurants and shopping is great. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

All the hotel staff were super nice, happy and helpful.

Clean room, wifi, fair breakfast, good location in town and not far from train station.

Couldn't really ask for more.

Bayeux was a great location to base tours to WW2 sites from.

We hired a bike in town, visited the museams and then rode to Port-en-Bessin-Huppain, along a well marked out bike track.

• Stayed: July 2013