1,548 results
All reviewshonor systempiggy bankbunk bedstrain stationexcellent locationd day beachesnormandy beachesfamily roomstreet parkingtriple roomthe hotel staffwithin walking distancequichewould stay here againday tourthe ground floorfriendly hotel
Reviewed April 21, 2012

To be honest, after reading some of the reviews on here, I was a little worried about staying at this hotel, while exploring the D Day landmarks with my mum and children. In reality I had nothing to worry about. This hotel is excellent, our room was the family room and was perfectly laid out for our stay. Everything was clean and the beds were very comfortable. I cannot fault the staff at all. The lady owner could not have been more helpful, I think some people mistake her lack of English for rudeness, and her daughter and other staff were equally charming. Breakfast was quite expensive but you can eat as much as you like and as my lad was allowed to eat for free (worth asking for!) it turned out to be reasonable value. The parking is an issue, I would strongly recommend not parking at the hotel, the spaces looked very cramped and it costs about 10 euros a night. About 100 yards away is a big free car park which you can leave your car in all the time. It does get quite full during the day, but it suited us as we went out early and came back late. For reference, don't go to the smaller car park just at the bottom of the road, go to the bigger free one, slightly further on. (As you walk from the hotel, turn right at the bottom of the road and its a short distance on your left.) As for Normandy itself, we were only there for three days, but what a place! The D Day burial sites should be compulsory visits for all school children, so inspiring yet tragic. The museums were fascinating, and Bayeux is so quaint with an awesome cathedral and of course the tapestry. I can't recommend this hotel and area enough and will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Charltonfan
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Booked two nights and stayed an extra one as the hotel was quiet, friendy and well located.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The manager organised a DDay tour for us through "Gold Beach Evasion" tours which was small tour of 8 with an excellent guide. Also organised same day laundry for us at 15 euro per bag which is quite reasonable.

The rooms are clean, well sized and the bathroom quite large. Free WiFi worked well and the breakfast was excellent.

Parking was 10 euro per night. The restraunts, shops, the tapestry and the cathedral are within a few hundred meters - very easy walking.

Would definitely recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: The hotel has no lift, so if you can't handle stairs, get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank steve420
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in April and it was perfect to explore the DDay Beaches (about 20 minutes or so away) and Le Mont. St. Michel abbey (about 1.5 hours away). The gals at the front are nice. The town is charming and several restaurants to choose from. We traveled with a 6 yr. old and a 4 month baby. Our room had a queen bed and a single bed for my daughter. There is a Boulanger (bakery) shop around the corner from the hotel with a small fruit market next to it if you decide not to buy the breakfast at hotel. The bakery shop has yummy french pasteries and baguettes that are delicious! We went both days to purchase for breakfast and the baguettes for our day trips. There is a wonderful creperie down from the cathedral.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with children ask for the first floor since no elevators. Also, they were kind enough to wash a baby blanket for my son.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights whilst doing Normandy battlefield sites. Ideally suited for Caen, beaches etc. the hotel is in the centre of town, opposite the cathedral and in easy walking distance of food and drink. Rooms were basic but clean and well stocked. Breakfast was good. Internet access and free wifi. All made by the staff who were friendly and accommodating, to the extent that they personally drove me to hire car pick up instead of calling a taxi. Will stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank ColinOliver
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The hotel was absolutely perfect for my wife, my two daughters, and me. Mary is quite picky and Amy (much more experienced traveler, and daughter) warned me time and again that Mary would not like this hotel based on its rating. Not so. Great location. Great room. Great facilities. If we ever find ourselves in this area again, there is no other place we would look. Highly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Nothing special.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family