1,544 results
All reviewshonor systempiggy bankbunk bedstrain stationexcellent locationd day beachesnormandy beachesfamily roomstreet parkingtriple roomthe hotel staffwithin walking distancequichewould stay here againday tourthe ground floorfriendly hotel
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights whilst doing Normandy battlefield sites. Ideally suited for Caen, beaches etc. the hotel is in the centre of town, opposite the cathedral and in easy walking distance of food and drink. Rooms were basic but clean and well stocked. Breakfast was good. Internet access and free wifi. All made by the staff who were friendly and accommodating, to the extent that they personally drove me to hire car pick up instead of calling a taxi. Will stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank ColinOliver
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The hotel was absolutely perfect for my wife, my two daughters, and me. Mary is quite picky and Amy (much more experienced traveler, and daughter) warned me time and again that Mary would not like this hotel based on its rating. Not so. Great location. Great room. Great facilities. If we ever find ourselves in this area again, there is no other place we would look. Highly recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Nothing special.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank amorphous
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed at the Bayeux for our family New Years vacation. We booked the hotel at the last minute and received a great rate. The owner/manager was very friendly and personable staying open late to receive us after an 8 hour drive from Germany. Her english was decent enough to allow to communicate comfortably. She was well connected in the city, and went the distance to find us reservations for a New Years eve dinner. She has a great love of Americans and was very kind to our children. Should we ever be back in the area, we will seriously consider another stay at the Hotel Le Bayeux.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Marco1970_12
Reviewed March 18, 2012

It is not often that we can say that a hotel meets all of our requirements and this one does that and more. Friendly and helpful staff, clean room, close to the center of Bayeux and very reasonable prices make this hotel the perfect base to visit the region. We plan on going back someday soon. Merci beaucoup Mireille pour votre gentillesse et au grand plaisir.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SuzonMontreal
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The hotel was perfect for our family with a room for 4 people. We arrived in the afternoon and had not made a reservation for a d-day tour for the next day (I didn't realize you needed to reserve in advance). The manager/owner made numerous phone calls to find one for us. The mother does not speak any English, but the daughter does and she would translate for us. The town was quaint and walkable. When we were there they had a coupon for a La Petit Normand, a few blocks away. I was hesitant because I wanted something authentic. It was excellent! Prices were great, the food was great and the service incredible. The next night we went to another restaurant, but we really should have just gone back there. Also, I think the breakfast at the hotel was a little over prices, I would just walk into the town and buy a pastry if you have time. It was convenient when we took out tour because it was fast.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family