Hotel Reine Mathilde
  • Bar/Lounge
Le Lion d'Or(Bayeux)
  • Pool
1,525 results
All reviewsattached restaurantle garde mangerthe main hotelpost officebayeux tapestryannex buildingtrain stationfree lotd day beachestop floorfree parkingnormandy beachesmeeting pointno elevatorthe hotel staffflights of stairsstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Staying at Reine Mathilde Hotel in Bayeux France, truly elevated my vacation from ordinary to extra ordinary. My train was late, so I arrived exhausted and famished, although the restaurant was officially closed the owner, an intelligent and very gregarious young man, put together a sumptuous fish dinner with appetizer, salad and of course desert. My room was the one in the picture. what can I say, a small river runs under the back window and another tributary 8 yards from the front door. I did feel like royalty even though my lovely wife was not with me. The service superb, at the hotel and the restaurant, the cuisine truly sumptuous.The prices very reasonable. I promised my wife to bring her next year. Forget Paris, if you really want to relax stay at HRM and enjoy the neighborhood.

Room Tip: The one in the photo
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank john K
Hotel H, Responsable réception at Hotel Reine Mathilde, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear John K,
Waou, what a review !!! Thank you thank you and thank you.
We are very proud of your words.
We are waiting for you and your wife...
King regards,

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband, two teenaged sons and I traveled to Normandy to see the D-Day beaches. The Hotel Reine Mathilde was highly recommended to us by some friends who stayed there last summer. We agree with them, you have to stay here! Bayeux is a good city to use as a base if you are doing the D-Day beaches and the hotel is a charming old building remodeled to very modern standards (and they had free Wi-Fi, which is much appreciated!). We stayed in Room 23, which is on the top floor in a separate building from the main hotel and faces the gorgeous cathedral just across the street. The room was great, it was a large loft with a double bed for us parents and a separate area with two twin beds for our sons. The staff was extremely friendly and happy to answer any questions. As soon as I checked in, someone appeared to help us carry our bags to our room, which was much appreciated (there are no elevators, which is not a big deal).

Room Tip: Room 23 would be a good choice for families who might want a little more space than a normal hotel room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hotel H, Responsable réception at Hotel Reine Mathilde, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

dear Sue P,
Thank you from all of us.
At the Hotel Reine Mathilde, the families are welcome. We have several solutions to help you make your stay easy...
It would be a great pleasure to see you again.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I have been bringing small groups (6 people) to Bayeux since 2007 and I always stay at the Reine Mathilde. The rooms are correctly priced as is the bistro which is part of the hotel. Especially the last 5 years, I have seen an update in the rooms and the menu--all is impeccable. The staff is always available and friendly. I can't imagine staying anyplace else in Bayeux. I will continue to bring my family and my groups here. I wholly recommend this hotel which doesn't disappoint.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jana A

Dear Jana A,
In fact, the team of Hotel Reine Mathilde and Le Garde Manger work since a long time to make the stay of all the guests unforgettable.
So, thank you for your loyalty.
Every day and for every guest, we try to offer the best.
Thank you.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Hotel Reine Mathilde is really centrally located, only 5 to 10 minutes walk from the Bayeaux Tapestry and the Bayeux Cathedral, and directly opposite the post office. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful, and the restaurant and our bedroom both had a lovely ambience. The bathroom looked gleaming and new. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean and compact. The food served for dinner and breakfast was very tasty. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Wendy S,
It was a great pleasure to meet you in Hotel Reine Mathilde, and it's the same pleasure to notice that you spend a good stay in our hotel.
We stay at your disposal for your next trip in Bayeux.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

This cute and modest hotel was a revelation. The service from all the staff was outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble.The hotel itself is superbly situated for exploring the town of Bayeux and its famous cathedral and tapestry - and also for visiting the Normandy beaches and the very lovely town of Caen. The hotel is comfortable, quiet and an absolute delight in all respects.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Hotel H, Responsable réception at Hotel Reine Mathilde, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear mistyCat,
Thank you to have taken time to leave this review. To be a revelation is a real surpise, and we are very proud of your words. Thank you again.
All the team of Reine Mathilde and of The restaurant Le Garde Manger have read those words, and they just want to send to you, a big thank you.
Every day we have just one way : your pleasure to stay here.
We stay at your disposal for a next stay...