“Our Trip with Francois Gaulthron to Normandy”

Around Europe Battlefields Tours Day Tours
Ranked #11 of 35 things to do in Bayeux
More attraction details
Owner description: Normandy D-Day Beaches tour, Guided tour of Omaha Beach,American Cemetery, Pointe du Hoc, Utah Beach, Ste Mere Eglise. Cruise ship shore Excursions from Normandy Ports, Private tour, Schedule group tour from Bayeux, we have a full range of vehicles from sedan to buses.
Saint Clairsville, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Our Trip with Francois Gaulthron to Normandy”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I took my 68 year old mom and two boys (ages 8 and 11) for a day tour with Francois. It was arranged by another tour guide in Paris, Pamela Breit....and what a great day we had with Francois. He is very knowledgeable about the area/battlefields...and very much tailored the day to our wishes...especially with my 2 young sons. He also took very good care of my mom in the late afternoon when the weather turned chilly by offering her his coat to keep warm. I would highly recommend Francois and his tours!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Pams3947

Glendale, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Francois Gauthron Normandy Tour”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were on a 26 day Transatlantic/Baltic Cruise on the Royal Princess. Friends of ours had told us about Francois Gauthron's Normandy Tours and I got a hold of him. Best thing I did for that cruise. Francois's tour of Normandy was the highlight of our cruise! Just SUPERIOR! My husband still talks about it. Francois is total knowledge about the events surrounding the Normandy invasion. There wasn't a question we asked that he couldn't answer. Come to find out that he is just as knowledgeable about WWI as well. We HIGHLY recommend Francois Gauthron.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank poochikins
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An amazing two days spent with Francois”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Francois was highly recommended by our hotel in Bayeux and he exceeded all of our expectations. We spent two days visiting Omaha Beach, Pointe du Hoc, Sainte-Mere- Eglise, and several Normandy battlefields. He immediately tailored our visit to our specific interests. My wife was born and raised in Bedford, Virginia, so we went directly to the green sector where The Bedford Boys landed and suffered terrible losses. We were amazed by Francois' depth of knowledge of not only the statistics, but also the social issues that prevailed in France and Germany before, during, and after the war. One of us had mobility issues, so Francois arranged to borrow a motorized wheelchair for the day from one of his neighbors when the local pharmacy could not provide a regular wheelchair that day. On the second day, when we mentioned to him that the father of one of our close friends served as doctor at the surgical field hospital in the Chateau de Colombieres, Francois knew exactly where that was, and took us there via tiny back roads. I would venture to say that no other guide in Normandy is as knowledgeable, and able to tailor a tour to the interests of his clients. He is also a very pleasant person with which to spend time.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Lloyd278
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Touring Normandy with Francois”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Our tour of Normandy with Francois and Andrew was one of the best we have ever taken. Francois' knowledge of the battle sites was extraordinary. We especially enjoyed his insight to first hand accounts from the original Easy Company members. Walking through the field where Capt. Winters engineered the demolition of the four German guns was thrilling! We are three generations of US history buffs and Francois and his assistant-in-training, Andrew were able to relate to all three age groups. Thanks so much for a trip of a life time...Ret. Sgt. Kenny (NY 69th Regiment Reserves) and family.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Thomas R
West Bloomfield, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Fantastic Day Trip to Normandy”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Our family (my wife and I, both of our adult children, and both grandmothers) took a day trip to Normandy and it by far was the best day we spent on our entire vacation. Our guide, Lena, picked us up at the train station in a well appointed minivan, took us in one day to St. Mere Eglise, Utah beach, Pointe du Hoc, Omaha Beach, and both the German and American cemeteries. Yet we never felt rushed. Her knowledge of the area, the history, made the day fly by. Since I have been back, I have told everyone I could to make sure they add a guided Normandy tour to their visit to France. Thank you Lena and AEBT!

David B.