“Hotel de la Tour du Pin is Merveilleux!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bayeux
Hotel de la Tour du Pin
Ranked #20 of 30 Bayeux B&B and Inns
Ft. Worth
“Hotel de la Tour du Pin is Merveilleux!”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I recently traveled solo to Normandy to visit the site where my father landed in WW II. I stayed at Hotel de la Tour du Pin in Bayeux with Mrs. Lanchou and her husband John. What fabulous hosts they were in their magnificent 18th Century home. I felt like a princess in my beautiful 3-room suite! Mrs. Lanchou served delicious pastries, French coffee, and homemade marmalades for breakfast--served on silver and beautiful china--by candlelight. It was simply incredible. My wonderful hosts helped me with every detail of my trip: finding wonderful restaurants in Bayeux, helping me find my D-Day tour location, etc. My stay at Hotel de la Tour du Pin was truly one of the most unique and wonderful events of my life--and I now have two wonderful in Bayeux!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Sherri-Bug

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2010

My wife and I booked this accommodation for two nights accompanying two other adults. We stayed in mid September 2010. The location of the hotel is very central with all the major sites and a large selection of shops/restaurants only a short walk away. We parked on the street both nights and found a space quite easily, although it was the off season.

The accommodation is in an 18th century private mansion. The stunning house, grounds and rooms are decorated sympathetically to the age of the building. The rooms are laid out as follows: You enter the first bedroom/lounge where there are two single beds (one of which I found to be a bit too low and basic for my taste. You then pass through an adjoining door to the next bedroom, which has a double bed with an attractive fireplace. It is in this room you will find the door to the large toilet area which overlooks the courtyard. The eagle eyed among you may have noted that if you are in a group of four, two of you will have to access the bathroom via the second bedroom. For a group of four adults this is not of an acceptable standard to the modern traveller. If you are a couple on your own, the first bedroom becomes a lounge and this is can be acceptable.

The impressive, light and regal breakfast room can be accessed via a grand staircase. Breakfast is basic with coffee or tea and breads. I would have expected a little more selection for the cost, maybe some ham and cheese. I can’t fault the hosts as they are extremely friendly and will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. Considering the aforementioned comments, I found the cost somewhat high at 105 Euros per person per night.

This accommodation is clearly a B&B and Tripadvisor reviews should be placed in the appropriate B&B section. “Hôtel” only indicates a “private house” of the grand sort while a Hotel provides lodging.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Pinsinamap
London
Reviewed May 17, 2010

We were shocked by our luck here. This is essentially having your own little two-roomed flat within a breathtaking private 18th century mansion, one of the oldest and grandest buildings in Bayeux and the surrounding area. The grounds are gorgeous, the interior is perfect French elegance, and the hosts are kind and friendly. We were treated as their guests. No reason to stay anywhere else in Normandy.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank KateHitch
Eugene Oregon
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We stayed at Tour du la Pin for 4 nights during the 65th anniversary of D day. The location was excellent for visiting Normandy and all of the D day beaches and museums. It is also only 1 hour to Honfleur and 1 1/2 to Mont St Michel. The best thing about the B&B is the hospitality of Anna and Jean. They were so accommodating and helpful with recommendations and trip advise. I would not hesitate to stay there again the next time we visit Normandy. The rooms are wonderful, large and quiet. The bathroom was large and had everything you need.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jeannie689
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 2, 2006

I was new to Normandie. I felt very much welcome here and at home. If I could, I would retire to Bayeux. It is simply one of the nicest, most beautiful places on the map. I stayed here while traveling to the Normandy D-Day Beaches doing research from Oxford University in England. I took many trips to the region and loved my stays here. Many American ex-pats and Britons live around the city.

It was a bargain, the owners were fantastic. It was confortable, very clean, very pretty,close to everything. An excellent continental breakfast was served in the morning with juice, coffee, danish, croissants. I would highly recommend this stay. The owners were helpful in explaining the history of the area. The park where DeGaulle spoke after the landings is five minutes away, Omaha Beach is just a few minutes away from here by car or taxi--walk to the Cathedral and Tapestry. A must stay for everyone.

Stayed June 2003
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Farnham, Surrey
Reviewed May 11, 2004

What a fabulous place to stay. Very highly recommended not just for the general state of the premises and the massive rooms but also for the wonderful generosity of the hosts, Mr & Mrs Lanchou.

• Stayed May 2004