“WAKE UP, MICHELIN!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Though not listed in our 2012 Michelin Red, this restaurant proved to be a great one. Excellent cuisine. We had a private dining room for six. Excellent service, warm welcome. Dinner with two bottles of wine came to under 300 euros.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Beginning with a smooth bordeaux and ending with requisite Normandy cheese our meal was
first rate in every way. The restaurant is expertly designed with a friendly, professional staff.
Try the dorade and the chicken with apple cider.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I don't know when I've had a better dining experience. The food, service, atmosphere were all wonderful. My husband had beef with foie gras and I had the sea bass. For dessert we had a chocolate napoleon. Divine. The ambiance was so relaxed that both diners on either side of us struck up a conversation, which made it all the more enjoyable. Also I had the best glass of white wine - wish I remembered what it was (it was third on the wine list).

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We spend our holidays in Normandy and the L'Angle Saint Laurent
was absolutely the best restaurant we visited.
It has a nicely designed interior, the service is excellent and the food delicious. Modern international cuisine with a French flavour.
Will soon be in the top of the ratings. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We went there for our 10th wedding anniversary. It was recommended by the front desk at the hotel and several hotel guests. It did not disappoint. The crème and mushroom melange appetizer was fantastic. Our next course was a small plate of plateau de mer. The seafood was fresh and tasty. For a main course I had the beef, the wife had the veal. Both were out of this world. The owner paired up the main courses with a 9 year old Chardonnay for the veal that was not even on the carte des vin, and a very nice pinot noir for my beef. The Chardonnay was simply incredible. The wife had her doubts, until she took the first sip, then it was a home run.

For desert we selected the chocolate over pear option. Simply out of this world.

The owner waited our table and took impeccable care of us. I highly recommend the restaurant if you are ever find yourself in lovely Bayeux.