“Delightful friendly Resturant”

L'Alchimie Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 96 Restaurants in Bayeux
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: You're restaurant is closed Wednesday evening,and all day thursday and all day sunday (off saison). In season we welcome you until 12 o'clock for the lunch and 7.00pm For the dinner.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Delightful friendly Resturant”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant little Resturant v friendly
Limited menu but excellently cooked and presented would definitely recommend booking advised the waitress was lovely but a bit rushed as only she was serving

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Lucky find for lunch - at first we thought it had closed ... but so glad we went in!!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Not your usual touristy place for lunch; traditional French, with wonderful food served in a very friendly and professional manner. The couple who run this restaurant were both excellent hosts, and the food tasted, and presented beautifully.

Oregon coast
“Special!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Like others, we had set out for Rapiere but it was full. So we tried this place across the alleyway for its elegant modern decor and very friendly hostess/waitress. Bottle of pinot noir from Alsace was excellent. Hubby loved his goat cheese/beet appetizer. My sushi was ok, nothing special. But the lamb was unbelievably tender and flavorful. And the side veggies! - zucchini stuffed with sweet potato and eggplant, a carrot-potato lasagna. Hubby enjoyed his scallops with chorizo. I couldn't pass up the creme brulee trio - almond, orange and cherry. He had the gourmet coffee with a wonderful dessert assortment. The service was excellent. All for 97 euros including a bottle of wine. High recommend!

1 Thank ljr88888
Vermont, United States
“Amazing Food and Great Value”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The best meal in France so far (night 9), and we'll be going back for more.

The server (wife of the chef) was very polite, friendly, and helpful. The food was absolutely wonderful from the entrées right through dessert. There were strong elements of traditional French cooking, but with great ideas sprinkled in from other foods, too. The fish of the day was truly inspired, one of the best preparations I've ever had.

We stumbled across both this and La Rapiere (located just next store) without knowing their Trip Advisor rankings. We also enjoyed La Rapiere (currently rated #1 in Bayeux on TA), and La Rapiere had an more interesting space to complement its excellent food. We'll give it 5 stars, too, but L'Alchimie was the better overall meal. Highly recommended!

1 Thank Mike R
Midlands, England
“Pleasant meal”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

An aquaintance made a reservation for me at L'Alchimie and I was not disappointed. The lady who greeted and served us was very helpful and polite. The starter of sushi was very tasty and presented superbly but could have done with a little more - a view shared by my friend. However I hadn't eaten for hours so it may have been my voracious appetite... My main had 5 scallops with chorizo and really was superb and extremely tasty, impossible to fault. I was a tiny bit disappointed with the triology of creme brulee to finish - but maybe I had built up my expectations too high or maybe my taste buds?
The decor is modern, clean and very agreeable and the prices competitive. I have eaten at La Fringale previously and it would be a toss of a coin where I would return to, but either or and you would be happy.

• Visited April 2013