“Pleasant meal”

L'Alchimie Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 100 Restaurants in Bayeux
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: You're restaurant is closed Wednesday evening,and all day thursday and all day sunday (off saison). In season we welcome you until 12 o'clock for the lunch and 7.00pm For the dinner.
Midlands, England
“Pleasant meal”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

An aquaintance made a reservation for me at L'Alchimie and I was not disappointed. The lady who greeted and served us was very helpful and polite. The starter of sushi was very tasty and presented superbly but could have done with a little more - a view shared by my friend. However I hadn't eaten for hours so it may have been my voracious appetite... My main had 5 scallops with chorizo and really was superb and extremely tasty, impossible to fault. I was a tiny bit disappointed with the triology of creme brulee to finish - but maybe I had built up my expectations too high or maybe my taste buds?
The decor is modern, clean and very agreeable and the prices competitive. I have eaten at La Fringale previously and it would be a toss of a coin where I would return to, but either or and you would be happy.

• Visited April 2013

Stockholm, Sweden
“Friendly resto”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Really interesting menu in this modern restaurant in the main street. We went in thinking we may get something simple to eat, but were delighted to find a unique menu. I agree that the atmosphere is a little stark and that it feels a little cold (both in temperature and ambiance) but the staff are delightful and make up for it wholeheartedly. If you want to experiment with some french food favourites with a twist - this is the place for you.

• Visited January 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Outstanding value”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Chose to eat here because Rapiere was closed for January and so glad we did. A planned quick lunch went for 2.5 hours, four courses and plenty of wine. Both food and the service were superb. Total cost just over 60 euros!! Great spot, try it !

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Hickers59
County Kerry, Ireland
“the man can cook”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I went to this resturant only becouse of the high ratings on tripadvisor and it was I think the same with most of the customers as they seemed all to be english speaking the place is not a posh resturant and the staff are very pleasent but it does not have the air of a highly professional restaurant the prices are reasonable to reflect this the food is very well cooked I would guess that the chef is young and this is his/her first independent venture and that a great furture lies ahead my companions lamb was declared fantastic some of the food (even things I didn't like) were of a usally high standard for the prices all the ingredients were of a very high standard too but be warned that this ofcourse means that the menu is limited I do not eat meat so had to have tuna for a starter and main course- but both were excellent- go to eat food of a quality you would not normaly get at the price but do not go for a special event or all round experiance the place is not the finished product in my view- but does not charge as if it is.

• Visited October 2012
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Good food but no atmosphere.”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We dined here on our first evening in Bayeux because of the high recommendations on Tripadvisor. The food and the presentation was very good. But, it was too quiet (no music), had strange wall color, looked low budget, too brightly lit, and had absolutely no ambiance or atmosphere. The service was good, but we felt forgotten at times during the dinner. Decided to try a different restaurant the next evening.

• Visited October 2012