“Lovely evening”

Le Volet qui Penche
Ranked #6 of 100 Restaurants in Bayeux
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Apres 20h00 uniquement sur reservation Le midi: plat du jour 9,70 euros avec un verre de vin(10 cl) offert. Le soir : un menu unique qui change tous les jours, (entrée, plat du jour, dessert) 19,50 euros
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Good food, nice wine... Ran by a gentleman who works very hard but obviously loves what he's doing. My husband and I ate here for our last meal in France and had a nice spot by the window overlooking the river. We had the Prix fixe menu, which included fabulous scallops that were perfectly cooked. I think he was busier than expected, but service was still solid and we wanted a slow meal anyway.

2  Thank KatieBlah

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is more a wine shop than a restaurant. However, we had an excellent 3 course meal for about 16 euros which was very good value for the excellent quality and quantity of what we had. I am giving this only stars as to be a top RESTAURANT there should be more than 1 choice of main course.

1  Thank jimjim47
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stopped by with my Dad and got charcuterie which was really good. Pierre took excellent care of us the whole time, and has a great sense of humor. Picked me several good glasses of wine to try.

The building is right in the heart of Bayeux, on the stream. Inside it is new with hardwood flooring and lots of wine shelves.

Overall a great place to check out for some small portions, and a glass of wine. I'm giving it 3 stars for value, because it is not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Walking by and stoping to look at the menu the owner stepped out ant started talking and explaining the concept of his wine bar / restaurant. He made me want to try it out... and I am so glad I did. The are few choices to the menu but everything was excellent. The possibilities to taste different wines is trully appreciated. Especially since the owner really know a lot about wine. If I ever have the chance to go back to Bayeux, one thing I'm sure of is that I'm going back to the Volet qui Penche !

2  Thank plannerHaolic
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The owner, Pierre Henri, told us that this is a wine bar that sells food also and not really a restaurant. We told him that it was a wonderful restaurant for not really being a restaurant. We had a lovely meal. They serve a limited menu each night. Very simple and traditional. And the wine was fabulous. We joined them the next evening for the party for Beaujolais Nouveau and had a great time. The owner and staff are very fun and friendly and really added to the experience. We would highly recommend it.

1  Thank lkmdc