Hotel Churchill
Le Lion d'Or(Bayeux)
$201
$138
  • Restaurant
Hotel Le Bayeux(Bayeux)(Great Value!)
$212
$184
Hotels.com
Campanile De Bayeux(Bayeux)(Great Value!)
$82
$117
$62
$59
Hotel Chateau De Bellefontaine(Bayeux)(Great Value!)
$213
$217
Hotel Reine Mathilde(Bayeux)(Great Value!)
$95
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,229 results
All reviewswwii photosbayeux tapestrymont stgrocery store next doorpedestrian streetno elevatord day beachesday tourcharming hotelnormandy beachesrooms are smallperfect locationtrain stationbreakfast roomshops and restaurantsworld war iinormandy invasion
Reviewed March 11, 2007

If you're going to Normandy, stay in Bayeux and stay at the Churchill. We stayed here for three nights and wish it had been longer. The location is perfect, right on a pedestrian only street of shops and restaurants and the tapestry is just behind. Rooms are on both sides of a cobblestone walkway. Mme. Hebert is a wonderful host and recommended great restaurants to us, so be sure to ask her. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent - baguettes, croissants, pain au chocolat, butter, jams, orange juice and coffee, tea or hot chocolate - and the breakfast room is cheery. The boutique in the hotel has some of the nicest gifts I brought back. The stariways and hallways are lined with wonderful World War II photos - walking to your room was like a history lesson. We hope to return here and stay longer.

• Stayed: February 2007
3  Thank JPZ
Reviewed December 7, 2006

This was my second trip to Normandy, but this time I was travelling by myself. I chose Hotel Churchill based on other very positive reviews, and I found it to be charming, clean, comfortable, affordable and extremely friendly. I was in Normandy to visit D-Day battle sites and to view the Bayeux Tapestry. The location of the hotel couldn't have been more convenient for either. The Tapestry is located within a few minutes of the hotel, and the D-Day Tour bus embarkment area was a few steps away! It is also very close to the Cathedral. My favorite thing about Hotel Churchill were the owners and staff of the hotel. All were extremely friendly and helpful, and maybe because I was traveling alone, I appreciated it more. As an example, on the morning I was checking out, my rental car's battery was completely "dead"...the car would not start. To complicate things, I was leaving in an hour for a day-long tour. Rima Hebert, the owner, speaks fluent English and French and was extremely helpful to me making arrangements for my car to be "jumped" when I returned from my tour. I was allowed to keep my bags in the hotel after checking out (because my car would not lock) until I returned from the tour and until my car was back in service! Rima and her husband demonstrated geniune empathy and kindness, and it is reflected in their entire staff at the hotel. I plan to return to Normandy in the future, and I will stay at Hotel Churchill without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled solo
3  Thank Tommyhawk
Reviewed November 3, 2006

Trust me, you will not find a better place to stay for visiting the D-day beaches and nearby sites. Within six blocks, there are dozens of restaurants, shopping boutiques of every kind, banks and atms, hardware stores etc. Across the street (litterally) is the pick up point for all tours departing for D-day beaches. Also the Bayeux Tapestry is 100 ft away. The Bayeux Cathedral is just a 5 minute walk away but its spires are the view outside the windows day and night. The location is just perfect. There are only a couple of other hotels along this main street where all the shops and restaurants are located but they are not as centrally located or convenient to the main attractions. They are probably not nearly as inexpensive either. The room was warm, the beds were very comfy, we had a nice sitting area and the bathroom was clean. The owners were very helpful, courteous and genuine. Reminded me of the service you can still get in the rural south in the U.S. The owners speak English and are anxious to answer any questions, call a taxi for you, point you the way, help with luggage or anything else. Trust me, if your an American, it's the only place, in my honest opinion, to stay in Bayeux. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like to see pictures.

John Upton
Lancaster, PA
johncindyupton@comcast.net

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled as a couple
9  Thank JohnUpton
Reviewed October 30, 2006

Our family (2 children both age 11 and 2 adults) spent a weekend in October visiting the sights of Normandy. The Hotel Churchill was our “home base”. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was very friendly and always willing to help with dinner reservations, directions and suggestions. The location was ideal for exploring the major sights of Normandy: Bayeux, the D-day beaches and Mont-St-Michel. We highly recommend the hotel and hope to return some day.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank ExPat_Tourists
Reviewed October 22, 2006

I stayed at the Churchill hotel in Bayeux for the third time in October 2006.
The reception has been renovated and the rooms too, very tastefully and cosily ! Each time I have visited, some improvements have been made !
The decor makes it all the more welcoming.
The main reason I choose to return to this hotel is the welcome.
Mr and Mrs Hébert, one or both of them, or one of their staff, is always on hand to answer queries, meet demands, carry bags and offer information or advice. That is priceless, and the room rates are very reasonable given the standard of cleanliness, the room size and the location of the hotel.
The hotel is near-by the cathedral, the tapestry, the tourism office as well as all sorts of restaurants, shops etc. It is also well-placed for visiting beautiful countryside or historic sites further inland, as well as for a good sea-food meal at one of the small seaside towns fifteen minutes away by car.
The hotel also has a boutique which is full of souvenirs and pretty decorative objects.
That's extremely handy !