We stayed on the way back from a stay in Brittany with family as it was about half way and we stopped to visit the Normandy beaches.
The hotel got good reviews and on the strength of the photo we booked. Upon arrival, you do get the wow factor with the proper chateaux vibe going on. You drive down a big gravel path to a large car park and walk across the long lake facing the property which makes it feel good.
Reception is a bit shabby. You can play tennis, boules, table tennis etc. And hence the various equipment is in reception which makes it look untidy and there were piles of games, sweets, brochures surrounding the front desk which detracts a little from the luxury hotel look. The staff were however courteous and showed us directly to our room.
Our room in the roof was lovely. 3 big velux windows, massive bathroom and a very welcome enormous bed. You get a mini bar which is not unreasonably priced, a desk and a little seating area as you walk in overlooking the grounds. One complaint was that the huge shower head hanging from the ceiling was faulty generating a fairly dribbly offering which sprayed all over the ceiling flaking the paint off.
We booked in for dinner which was great, again reasonably priced. They had a set menu which was comprehensive; we are one meal from the set menu and a la carte which inclusive of drinks was €100 which was fair given the quality.
We don't have kids but had the feeling it was very kid friendly. Staff were nice, service was good. It just could work on the edges to make it look a lite more 4* worthy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here the life of the château can be experienced every day: wood panelling, fireplaces, mouldings. We have preserved the 18th century spirit which is carried through into our park with its 200-year-old trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Chateau De Bellefontaine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Bayeux
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Hotel