This is a terrific small hotel, located about 15 minutes walk from central Bayeux. It has plenty of parking and easy access to the main roads, but is very quiet and charming. The grounds are lovely - ponds, geese/ducks, flowers. The staff is friendly and very welcoming. There's a very nice restaurant if you don't feel like driving or walking to town, and all the expected conveniences (WiFi, breakfast). The location is about half an hour from the D-Day beaches, and no more than two hours from most other major Normandy sites. And of course Bayeux itself is a good destination with plenty of restaurants and its own sights to see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here the life of the château can be experienced every day: wood panelling, fireplaces, mouldings. We have preserved the 18th century spirit which is carried through into our park with its 200-year-old trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Chateau De Bellefontaine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Bayeux
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Hotel