I booked a room here for my OH's birthday (also did a D-Day tour - also recommended!). I went for a superior double room and requested a room with a shower. We had a room on the fourth floor in the eaves and it was lovely. At night, the temperature was about right in the room, but the windows opened if it had been too hot.
The bathroom was very nice; modern and clean. The shower was wonderful. Observation: the towels could be thicker, and there was no full-length mirror in the room. The hairdryer was painfully powerless, so definitely bring your own if you have long or thick hair.
The double bed was two singles pushed together, but this wasn't a problem for us. The sheets were lovely and fresh and the beds were comfortable.
We had dinner in the hotel the first night and the food and service were both very good indeed. I can certainly recommend the foie gras and the beef! It's not a cheap meal by any means, but the food was delicious (and we do keep a pretty high bar).
The wine list was all French, as you would expect, but as the waitress didn't speak much English, we were on our own choosing a wine. Obviously not a problem if you know your French vineyards, but for us it was more of a semi-educated guess which resulted in a wine which was okay but nothing special.
Breakfasts were very good. Fruit, fruit juice and pastries were fresh, quality was good and there was a broad selection of everything you would expect.
We didn't have much time to explore Bayeux itself, and we would've liked to have seen the tapestry and mooch around the town, so we may go back again one day. If we do, I'd have no hesitation staying at Chateau de Bellefontaine again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here the life of the château can be experienced every day: wood panelling, fireplaces, mouldings. We have preserved the 18th century spirit which is carried through into our park with its 200-year-old trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Hotel Chateau De Bellefontaine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Bayeux
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Hotel