We booked 2 nights in a duplex unit. It Is located in a separate building. The interior was bare and fIttIngs dId not seem to work. At best 3 stars. The first flight of steps was anchored only to the wall and a few look like they might give way any time as the hanging end dipped a few cm when we walked on them.
The breakfast was supposed to be 7.30am but on first day the server was struggling to put on items at 7.45am and we have to leave 8am for appointment. The boiler for eggs was not working so after waiting for 7 min, the egg was completely raw. On the second day, the entire place was pitch dark at 7.30am. We rang the bell to wake the server. He was upset that we didn't inform him the night before that we were leaving early. He claimed that he was busy with many people and therefore breakfast was not ready. We had to catch a train with a child without breakfast. He was not the least apologetic!!
The only thing which was quite good was the dinner. We chose to eat in hotel because it is at least 20 min walk with child from town. We were not keen to walk back along narrow back streets in the cold nights.
So I think it did not live up to expectations of booking into a chateaux hotel and the service is definitely appalling.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here the life of the château can be experienced every day: wood panelling, fireplaces, mouldings. We have preserved the 18th century spirit which is carried through into our park with its 200-year-old trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Chateau De Bellefontaine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Bayeux
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Hotel