A very nice character building in beautiful grounds that are a stone throw from town. Just what you would want to find in France. I'm sure a German high ranking officer would have occupied it in the 2nd World War. A statue of Eisenhower was on a roundabout just around the corner. The windows were about 6 feet tall and had to be opened all along the centre vertical for ventilation. My toilet had no ventilation other than the room itself so my partner and I kept nipping downstairs.
The location was excellent for eating out in Bayeux which is a charming town with lovely restaurants. The D Day landing beaches and cemeteries are all within easy reach. A very good location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here the life of the château can be experienced every day: wood panelling, fireplaces, mouldings. We have preserved the 18th century spirit which is carried through into our park with its 200-year-old trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Chateau De Bellefontaine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Bayeux
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Hotel