“Squeezed in”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Sunday in Bayeux, few restaurants were open - but this place had a table for 4 available.
We squeezed ourselves in - it was a tight fit, just enough room to get past all the tables.
The menu was OK although it did appear to be trying to do more than to really could deliver on.
The friends we were with enjoyed their meal - although we were a little disappointed with ours.
We had to wait ages for our dessert - probably because between the 2 waitresses they were overstretched on account of how many covers they were trying to serve.
There was no atmosphere at all - the loudest noise was usually the scraping of chairs on the floor.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Service ok, food not at all good. Bad fish on seafood salad, huge plate of not very good fries--sub-standard beef. Not a good experience.

1  Thank Rwi302
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Ate here with my mother and sister. Not a huge menu, but the prix fixe menus were good value and had a good variety to choose from. Everything was fresh and delicious. The house wine was commendable and also a good value. Service was friendly and the waitress was helpful and patient with my so-so French (and the lack of any French language skills from my mother and sister). I would go back for another meal without a doubt.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were recommended to try this restaurant by the owner of the place we were staying in Bayeux? It wasn't a large restaurant but we found it to be excellent. The quality of food was superb and the staff were very friendly and courteous, so much so that we went back for lunch the following day.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I both had the 13E fixed price menu and found the food and service to be extremely good. I had the beef bourgogne and he had the salmon. would highly recommend this restaurant which is located close to Notre Dame.