“Charming B&B in Bayeux”

Le Manoir Sainte Victoire
Ranked #7 of 30 Bayeux B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I don't usually take the time to write reviews, but I so enjoyed my two-night stay at Le Manoir Sainte Victoire that I just had to. The location is excellent, right in the heart of the city, a one-minute walk to the Cathedral. Street parking was not easy, but I managed to find spots very close by (and my hosts gave me their dashboard parking permit to use). The Aitaoudia family were very gracious hosts and have done an amazing job restoring the medieval tower that houses their guest rooms. The rooms are light, spacious, and beautifully appointed with lovely antiques and paintings. I loved having a small, fully-equipped kitchen at my disposal, too. I'm not a big breakfast eater, but I couldn't resist a homemade fruit crisp hot out of the oven one morning. It was both the most charming place I stayed during my trip to Normandy, and the best value. I recommend it highly. My thanks to my hosts for their wonderful hospitality!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank AbigailOhio

Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed in the first-floor "Miro" room (2d floor, by American-style counting) for 2 nights in May. The room and bathroom were clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was fabulous.
The Manoir Sainte Victoire is on a quiet narrow street only a few minutes' walk from the center of Bayeux. There is no parking next to the Manoir Sainte Victoire, but we found on-street parking close by, around the Place Charles du Gaulle.

1  Thank Joan E
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I just returned from a trip to Normandy that included two nights in Bayeux. Staying at the Manoir Saint Victoire was splendid. The host was gracious. He did not speak English, but that's part of the adventure of travel to a foreign country, isn't it?. Not to worry, he was able to communicate to us everything we needed to know. The house is beautiful and the room was spacious. Breakfast in the morning was a real treat. The MSV is located minutes from the cathedral and just a short walk from the Tapestry on a very small, narrow and QUIET street. We availed ourselves of his garage (at 10 euros/night) for our rental car and it was a worthwhile expense to know we had a space and the vehicle was secure. It's really hard to recommend this place too highly.

Room Tip: There are only three rooms. Access is via a narrow circular staircase so a lower floor is easier...
2  Thank Stuart S
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Its really hard for me to believe that Le Manoir Sainte Victoire is the #9 ranked B&B in Bayeux. It has to be ranked higher! Its that nice of a place and that good of a value. My wife and I stayed at the Manoir Sainte Victoire for one night at the end of April. To begin with, Sainte Victoire is a three minute walk from the heart of Bayeux, including the cathedral and many restaurants and shops. All the rooms are recently renovated with modern bathrooms. Our room also included a kitchenette which is perfect for travelers who want to do more at home. The bed was extremely comfortable and the linens and towels, were new, clean, and of high quality. The hostess and her family extremely warm and inviting! The hostess speaks English well. They also offered a wonderful French breakfast, wish fresh breaks, cakes/tarts, and jams. They offered freshly squeezed orange juice and American-style coffee. An excellent start to the day. An all for 90 euros a night. Truly and unbelievable deal. If my wife and I make it back to Normandy we will definitely be staying here again. I should point out that they only take cash, no credit. But they sent there wonderful, multilingual daughter with my wife to find the ATM machine. So nice! Also, it may not be the most handicap friendly place in the world, so if you have issues you should request the room on the first floor. But other than that this place is a jewel and I doubt it will stay hidden for long.

Room Tip: To access the rooms you have to climb a spiral stair case. If that is a challenge then you should r...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DJR872
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I booked this based on Rick Steve's book and the reviews here. The room was large by European standards. The room was extremely clean and the extras as stated by others were wonderful. The kitchen came in handy when we picked up some food from the super marche (a 10 minute walk). We were exhausted from our tour on the D-day beaches. The heater/towel rack in the bathroom was wonderful. The shower compared to London and Paris hotels was enormous. The remodel is very comfortable and of high quality. The couple who run the business (Jean-Pierre is the owner) couldn't be nicer and the daughter was helpful also. THe wife definitely has a better grasp of English, she spent time in the US growing up. We had an iPad with us so we were not able to use the Internet access. They do not have wifi - so if that is important to you, this B and B might not work for you. The 2 bars that we visited in town that advertise wifi were not open or it didn't work for us. Jean-Pierre chauffeured us to the train station and would have picked us up but the pay phone at the train station didn't work. All in all it was a fantastic stay. Did I mention that breakfasts were wonderful too?

Room Tip: We stayed in the Miro room on the second level. Jean-Pierre helped with our luggage.
1  Thank DWW5115
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My wife and I were traveling and I was looking for a special place for her birthday. After checking out tripadvisor we contacted Le Manoir Sainte Victoire. We stayed in the first floor room and had a wonderful veiw of the Bayeux cathederal lit up at night. Everything went well at check in although there was a little problem with language as neither my wife or myself speak french and the husband spoke limited English.
Early that evening there was a knock at the door and the wife came to make sure everything was satisfactory and to see if we had any other questions. She told us that her husband wasn't sure if he had answered all of our questions since we had some problems communicating. When we told her everything was fine we also mentioed that it was my wifes birthday. Shortly after that a her daughter brough us abottle of wine arrived to help us celebrate.
The B&B is located on a narrow street within walking distance of the cathederal as well as the museum that has the tapestry. This is a fairly new B&B and our room was large and ver clean.
We had a wonderfull breakfast before leaving for the normandy beaches which are only around 30 minutes away. We would highly recomend this for anyone looking for a place to stay when in the Normandy area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RandyG186
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Perfect location, perfect stay in this very brand newly decorated manoir. Tastefuly decorated and clean, this is the perfect hotel de charme with a view on the cathedral, in the centre of Bayeux, yet in a quiet street.
Also our room had a small kitchenette, was included breakfast and it was sensational! The hosts who speak good English are delightful. We will stay there again, if we go back to Bayeux.
I wish Jean Pierre the best of luck in this new business.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple