“Lovely, relaxed, and great location for visiting historic Normandy”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel d'Argouges

and 1 more site!
Hotel d'Argouges
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Bayeux
New York City, New York
“Lovely, relaxed, and great location for visiting historic Normandy”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The only drawback to this lovely,clean, hotel is that there are no elevators and you must lug your suitcases up to your room. It is peaceful, and the staff is wonderful and unobtrusive. I enjoyed our one night here. Wish we could have stayed longer!!! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank VanessaW2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel is located in the main street of Bayeux. 10m walking from the cathedral and the pedestrian streets. It's an old house with a lot of charm
The rooms are big and nice. Furniture is ok. The bath has been renovated and is also quite big. Great shower.
The staff is very friendly and they have their own parking space which is quite convenient
On the negative side, there is no lift so beware if you have heavy luggage and no A/C either. It doesn't seem to be needed a lot though

I would come back and recommend it

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FGE04
Hong Kong
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I choose this hotel mainly because of the parking facility. It turn out this is the best hotel during our 2 week vacation in Normandy. The room is good size, very clean and nicely decorated. The wifi is working and I could share it through my MBA. Breakfast was lovely only that the egg boiler is not working well. But most important is their staff. They were the friendliest we met so far.
Bayeux is lovely day and night. We enjoy our stay very much and is planning another trip very soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Can't say enough good things about this hotel: it is clean, safe, and convenient to all of Bayeux. Its decor reflects perfectly the flavor and history of the town. Rooms (even our "regular" room) are lovely, and well-appointed and surprisingly spacious; beds are comfortable and baths are modern. Staff is gracious, helpful, and personable (Hanne even arranged for my coffee before normal hours, on an early travel day); breakfasts are outstanding, and served in a magnificent room, or if you choose in a beautiful garden. Honestly, it is worth every cent and then some.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We chose Hotel d'Argouges for our two night stay in France owing to its proximity to the Juno Beach Center in Courseulles sur Mer, the Bayeux Tapestry, and other traveller reviews. It was well sign-posted throughout the town, so we were able to find it without too much difficulty. We were hoping to stay in the main chateau, but found ourselves on the top floor of an annexe at the back, overlooking the car park. We were expecting to climb stairs, but not so many! We had two rooms for 5 people, with beamed ceilings, comfortable beds and excellent bathroom facilities. A minor complaint - the WiFi could only be accessed by one person per room at a time, and with 5 of us with devices, it meant waiting to take your turn.

The continental buffet breakfast in the beautiful dining room had a variety of cereals, pastries, yoghurt, fruit, juices, cheeses, coffee and tea. It would have been nice if breakfast was included with the cost of the room, as 12 Euros equates to $16 Cdn per person - a bit pricey for the half bowl of cereal which was all my daughter ate.

The hotel staff were all very friendly, helpful and spoke English well enough that I could avoid using my high-school French. The receptionist recommended the Taverne des Ducs down the rue St. Patrice, where we had an excellent meal. The hotel, in spite of being on a main street, was quiet and restful, and a short walk from the Bayeux Tapestry and the Cathedral de Notre Dame.

Room Tip: I expect that rooms in the main chateau have the best views, if that is what you expect from your ho...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Worcester
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stopped here for one night on a trip to the beaches and surrounding area.
Pleasant stay. Staff helpful and cheerful. Off road parking and close to everything.
Room was ok very small and a dark but the bathroom was great ( would be nice if they refreb the bedrooms to that standard)
Breakfast included which was in a lovely room and a good selection offered.
Overall a good hotel and base..

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This hotel received wonderful reviews, and so I decided to make a reservation for a recent June stay in Bayeux. We had a party of three (which is periodically difficult in France - some hotels required us to reserve two rooms).

I went through the on-line reservation process but asked for them NOT to process my reservation if I were to need two rooms. I never heard back and never received a confirmation.

After a few weeks I made a reservation at Grande Hotel Leveque (which was quaint and a treasure, easily accommodating our party of three - I received a confirmation).

Much to my surprise, I was charged for two nights at Hotel d'Argouges in later June. Upon questioning the fact that I never received an email confirmation (neither immediately following the process NOR a few days prior to the visit). Upon questioning, their reply is that they never send confirmations of reservations and I would not be getting my money back. Sighhhhhh. Has anyone else had this problem??? We stayed over three weeks at various hotels and B&B's throughout France. Every venue sent confirmations following reservation and a few days in advance as well - this was highly unusual and I am left wondering how this could have happened.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tennisbuff2
dargouges, Owner at Hotel d'Argouges, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Monsieur

You reserved not directly with us but via BOOKING the number of your reservation was406206203. W caaled you many times and send you an email but we never recevied a reply from you
You never canceled your reservation with booking so we keep the room for you and as it is clearly stated on your reservation cancellation policy is applied in case of NO SHOW
I'm sorry but you actually booked through booking, I gave you the confirmation number you can simply contact booking if you want to ensure
Regards