“Thanks, Dale”

Dale Booth Normandy Tours
Ranked #3 of 38 Tours in Bayeux
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are looking for a fully private, guided D-Day tour, where history is told with knowledge and passion;then book a tour with Dale Booth Normandy Tours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Thanks, Dale”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We are an American family of 8, ages ranged from 7 to 70+ and we couldn't have been happier with our day with Dale. He did a great job engaging all ages and keep the tour fast-moving and information packed. We really appreciated the mix of the "must sees" Utah beach, Omaha beach, Sainte-Mère-Église, US cemetery with other sites we never would have found without him. Highly recommend Dale for your trip.

2 Thank Greg K

Glen Burnie, Maryland, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“WOW!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

What an incredible experience it was to be personally guided through the Normandy beaches and so much more! Dale Booth is an exquisite tour guide who knows how to convey a serious piece of history into an adventure. If you will be anywhere near France, I highly recommend signing up for one of Dale's tours. You won't regret it!

2 Thank Mark K
Woodbine, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everyone MUST do this!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was an amazing trip! Truly something that I think everybody should do. We all learn about history, however there was nothing quite like actually being there on the beaches of Normandy. I feel confident coming home knowing more about World War 2 than I could ever read in a textbook. The most amazing part of the tours was being able to point to, what seemed to be, a random field or building, and hearing a remarkable story behind it. Mr. Booth has such a passion for history and World War 2 knowledge that no one should pass up this opportunity. I'd go back in a heartbeat. My advice: dress accordingly (layers for when it's cold)!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Katie L
Ellicott City, Maryland, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Guy and Amazing Tour”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had the honor of taking a study abroad trip for 10 days over my spring break with my school to France. I was there the end of March until the beginning of April and despite the freezing cold temperatures, and occasional wet weather, standing outside and listening to Dale's tours could not have been more worthwhile. He is so passionate about what he teaches and provides great detail about the DDay attacks. He is capable of making the allied invasion come to life as you are standing on the same grounds history happened on that day, June 6, 1944. My group visited all 5 beaches with Dale along with Pointe Du Hoc, Pegasus Bridge, the American and Canadian cemeteries, and we finished with the Band of Brothers tour. Each and every tour was extremely informational and completely captivating.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Katie C
Dorset, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“British Tour of WW2”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We took the British tour with Dale and it was amazing. I learned more about WW2 in a day with Dale than I have learned all my life. He has an incredible brain for facts and as previous reviewers say he brings it to life. At times I felt I was living the battle. He is extremely well read and has a passion. The tour was perfectly pitched for all of us and we visited places we didn't know existed. If you want an interesting day, I cannot recommend Dale highly enough. He would suit all age groups and he made the holiday for us. The tour was a birthday gift for my partner and it proved to be the perfect gift. We are still talking about it.

1 Thank PebsDorset