“Day landing tours”

D Day Landing Tours
Ranked #9 of 37 Tours in Bayeux
More attraction details
Owner description: Follow in the footsteps and visit the Battlefields made famous in The Longest Day, Band of Brothers & Saving Private Ryan with native English speaking guides. Whether you are interested in the American, British or Canadian Sectors we are able to offer a private in depth, detailed historical tour with a fixed or tailor made itinerary to suit your needs. We specialise in detailed tours, but can offer sightseeing tours as well, with pick up from Normandy and Brittany.
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Day landing tours”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I spent Oct27 with Eric.A wonderful experience.My wife,who is not a history buff,was thrilled with Eric's narrative.The stop at the church where the two American medics saved the lives of the combatants as well as a child,will always be remembered.Eric brought the day of June 6 to life. we had lunch at the Roosevelt Cafe at Utah beach.Quite nice.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Arthur W
DDayLandingTours, Owner at D Day Landing Tours, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
We would like to thank you for choosing to tour with D Day Landing Tours whilst visiting Normandy and for taking the time to share your comments online.

Moreover, we are grateful for your kind words and compliments as such information enables us to continually monitor and improve the service our valued clients are entitled to expect from our tours.

phoenix az
“Eric brought us to X marks the spot!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

My great uncle was killed during the d-day invasion. This was all that I knew before spending five short hours with Eric. After corresponding with Eric and giving him the few facts about my great uncle's company and regiment, we were treated to what was an amazing history lesson that keep us gasping for more. Eric picked us up at the Villa Lara and we headed to St.Mere Egilse. We were treated to stories and facts that would not be found in any history books. I was then treated to the walk down the road my great uncle's company would have walked up to get to the rendezvous point. Pictures, pictures and more pictures. Eric even took me aside and showed me on the maps, where he believed that my uncle could have been killed since I am still waiting on his IPDF from the Army. Then we were treated to a walk down Utah beach, where we picked up shells and sand, listening to a wonderful recollection of what June 6 would have been like at Utah beach. As a female, shopping is more my thing, but lEric left me wishing we would have booked a full day tour. Book early with this Scottsman, as you will not be sorry.

Sacramento, California, United States
“A Fantastic Tour”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I cannot recomment Eric highly enough for the tour he provided myself and my friends last month. Quite frankly, I never envisioned the amount of detail and breadth of understanding any one person could have regarding the invasion - from both perspectives (Germans and Allies). My only disappointment with the event is that we did not book the two day tour - as there was so much information to absorb.

You do not want to miss this tour!

Scott (USA)

Visited September 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Eric picked us up at Hotel Villa Lara in Bayeux right when he said he would arrive. We took the American Highlights tour, so we stopped through Ste. Mere Eglise, Utah Beach (where he dopped us off at a cafe for lunch and coffee), then Omaha Beach and finally the American Cemetery.

Upon arrival at Ste. Mere Eglise, Eric used a map of the region to give us an academic primer on the locations of the landings, the German defenses, as well as the locations of major roads and flooded fields, all of which are important to fully understand the tactical difficulties faced by the Allies.

Eric is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about the war. One of my favorite parts was his taking us to a dirt road near Ste. Mere Eglise which still had tree canopy and hedgerows, as an example of what much of the area looked like during the Battle of Normandy, and how difficult it was to suss out the landscape with snipers and hedges blocking the view.

Throughout the tour, Eric had laminated maps and photos, to help provide a visual/academic context to where we were, and what happened on June 6 at the particular location.

To top it off, Eric was able to get my Dad into the ceremony for the lowering of the flag at the American Cemetery. I highly enjoyed my tour and strongly recommend Eric!

Visited October 2012

Toronto
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“You will see places on no tourist maps”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Eric did an incredible job on our full day tour. We specifically asked for a Canadian tour and boy did he deliver. Eric is a savant with WWII history; he remembers even the minor details of what happened and the horror of it all.
We saw the Juno Beach and much of what happened on the sands but what really impressed us is the history of what transpired inland where the paratroopers landed. Eric took us to sights where the Canadians and Germans fought over bridges, towns and villages. Places that have no plaques but are as significant to what happened that day as any other battle. His description allowed us to see the terror and the bravery of it all.
Well worth the money.

Visited September 2012
DDayLandingTours, Owner at D Day Landing Tours, responded to this review, October 16, 2012