“Our favorite in Bayeux”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sedona, Arizona
“Our favorite in Bayeux”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is our favorite restaurant in Bayeux. We visited Bayeux in November 2012 and this restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel. We had a wonderful dinner there at that time including a complimentary drink which is their own signature drink. We returned to Bayeux this November 2013 and dined there twice both times for lunch (we were tired in the evenings). Both meals were excellent and served to us by a friendly and caring wait staff. Two of the waitresses we recognized from 2012 which tells you something about working there. When we returned for a second lunch a couple of days later the waitress was so excited to see us again that we received their complimentary drink at lunch time (last year we had a coupon from the hotel for this drink) immediately after being seated. Both visits I had their steak dish which is wonderful. It is topped with the local cheese (sorry I can't spell it but it begins with a "C" and is so good!!!
The first lunch my husband joined our friend and I but this second lunch was just our friend and myself. She tried the steak this second visit and loved it also. The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and even if busy (as it was in 2012) they make every effort to seat you (we had no reservations). A lot of locals were there eating lunch both times which also tells you the nature of this restaurant. I do not agree with some of the comments on the "average food" as I do not feel it is average but everyone has different levels of dining experiences and budget. It is located right next to the Cathedral which makes for a lovely sight especially when dining after dark. I would highly recommend eating at this restaurant for a memorable experience. If we visit Bayeux again this will be at the top of our list. PS..if I may...there is a wonderful shop right across the street when exiting which is worth a look. I bought some wonderful socks there which come in so many colors. They have a lovely assortment of all sorts of things. Worth a look if open. Gracious owner also.

• Visited November 2013

Singapore
“Average in general but excellent steak ”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

We had our first full French meal in this restaurant. The food quality was average in general, but my son rated the steak as one of the best, comparable to Morton's of Chicago (in Singapore), but at a fraction of its price.

Tennessee
“Good Meal”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Family of 5 enjoyed our meal. The menus where in English and the waiter was very helpful and spoke English. Variety of food to choose from.

• Visited December 2013
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a lovely find!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Dining choices in Bayeux on a Sunday night are limited but thankfully we discovered L'Assiette Normand, located just a short walk from our hotel and what a wonderful discovery! Service was excellent and very friendly, despite the restaurant being full including a large group of 25 to cater for. The food was excellent - home made pate and onion soup followed by half duck with garlic potatoes then apple tarte for dessert. All that with a few beers was only 40 Euro. Absolutely delicious and value for money. A lovely start to our French travels.

• Visited October 2013
Fallon, Nevada
“Very good, great location, mult-course set menus and decent prices”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Quaint "country"-style restaurant offering traditional Norman dishes, this place was a good choice. Located smack in the middle of town, we had a very fine meal. I ordered the sea bass that was cooked with apples. Could have had larger portions though. My wife's portion was larger, she got duck. The price was reasonable considering what you get; three courses plus cheese for 24E I think. It would have been helpful if you could mix-n-match what was on the various menus (maybe you could, we didn't ask). Anyway, we'd go again. Sure. If not for any other reason but for the CREME BRULEE!! They stayed open late for us, which impressed us. Great service.

• Visited November 2013