“A True Gentlemen with an Excellent Grasp of D Day Events”

Executive D-Day Private Tours
Ranked #6 of 40 Tours in Bayeux
More attraction details
Owner description: Bertrand is an independant tour guide who offers private tours on the sites of the Normandy D-Day Landing Areas.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We spent the day with Bertrand on October 15, 2013 and it was the highlight of our trip. His knowledge of the history of the events and the respect that he has for that history is remarkable. A friend recommended to us that we hire a guide to explore the D Day historic sights and by luck, we found Bertrand through trip advisor. If you are considering touring the D Day areas, I would recommend looking no further.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I took this tour with our son and daughter-in-law. We were so happy with Bertrand. He was so professional and so helpful. The Normandy Tour was the highlight of our two week stay in Paris. We were with him for the entire day and I am so glad we were able to fit this in our vacation. Bertrand even found a pharmacy as my husband was getting a bad cold. I can not tell you how much we enjoyed this day with him. He was so informative and we were so happy we found him. THANKS BERTRAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The last week of August 2013 my husband and I Had an absolutely fantastic tour 9:00AM-6:00 PM to the D-Day led by Bertrand.
Just in case someone reading this review does not read it all the way though, let me just say, don’t tour the D-Day sights without Bertrand as your guide!
We had been planning our trip since February 2013 and that is when I booked Bertrand after having read reviews of guided tours on Tripadvisor and then after having contacted him via email his response was prompt, professional, thorough and efficient. These characteristics were true for all dealings with Bertrand, before, during and after our tour. His confirmation emails before we left the US and while we were traveling in other countries before arriving in Bayeux were appreciated, great to know all was in order for our tour.
Though we often tour on our own we also prefer a local guide if touring sights of great historical significance. Bertrand was not only extremely knowledgeable about all the Normandy sights and WWII but extremely knowledgeable about history in general.
We chose to take the train from Paris and tour in Bertrand’s car -roomy, very neat and clean.
The cost of a private tour for the two of us was very reasonable and we would recommend to anyone that thinks they may not want to spend the money and plan to tour on their without Bertrand, do reconsider, his tour is something we are still talking about to our friends when they ask about our trip to France, Scotland and London.
Bertrand’s recommendation for which museum, from the many that are in the area, for us to tour was outstanding. Having the time to go through the museum on our own while he had lunch was perfect timing. The “grab n’ go” lunch (so we could cover more sights) he recommended after we toured the museum was one of the most tasty lunches we had while in France and we appreciated his thoughts of getting the most area covered during our tour.
When corresponding via email with Bertrand after booking our tour he also has had suggestions for books and movies that if we were interested in pursuing would enhance our tour. We did take advantage of doing that and it was a great idea to have done that ahead of time.
He also had several recommendations of hotels in Bayeux and that helped us decide as we had narrowed it down to a couple and his thoughts helped us decide and we were very happy with our choice- very convenient for walking the town and friendly and helpful staff.
His ideas in his emails and after we were on our tour relating to restaurants we might enjoy for dinners were excellent , as were as his thoughts on our possible other sights to see in Bayeux that would fit our timeline for our stay there.
All the synonyms for excellent, exceptional, Five Star, etc. apply to Bertrand and his tour!

3  Thank SCROU
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife, myself, and 10-year old child booked Bertrand for a custom 3/4 day tour of the American beaches and other key sights. Bertrand was prompt, knowledgeable, vastly informative about the battles as well as the area, catered to my wife (little interest in the battles) and my son (minimal interest) so that they were engaged and entertained, and was worth every moment we spent with him. This was not a tour we would get to take again any time soon - a bucket list opportunity for me and Bertrand met every high expectation and proved exceptionally knowledgeable. He does his homework, caters to every interest level and age, recognizes the value of the experience for every client, and provides an exceptional tour. Highly recommended!!!

2  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were traveling with another couple and booked Bertrand Saudrais for a full day tour of the D-Day beaches. I have to say it was the best value in our entire French vacatjion. We met at the museum in Bayeux and he drove our rental car. The in-depth information he provided was great. When he found that my dad had come ashore on D-Day he showed us the path that their unit took inland. He arranged the tour to have us arrive at the American cemetary just as they played taps and lowered the flag. We would not have seen but a small fraction of the sights without having someone of Betrand's knowledge. He only takes cash- no credit cards.