“The classic French food you dream about!”
Review of La Rapiere

La Rapiere
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in Bayeux
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Bayeux, La Rapiere is a warm and traditionnal restaurant, with a food that we try every day to raise to offer you high standard meals.
Rochester, New York
“The classic French food you dream about!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I don't recall whether you could order an a la carte meal, but there are many options at different price points for a multi course meal. I know we did not order from the highest price menu. In our opinion, there was no need. Our meal was amazing.

My husband had asparagus risotto, leg of lamb with delicious herb gravy, and the daily dessert, a strawberry sabayon topping little baked squares interspersed with fresh strawberries. I had the local oysters and the same lamb and strawberry choices. Perfect cooking! Great ingredients! The meat was done to our preferences and the flavors of all our dishes were amazing.

This was probably our second favorite meal in France and that includes a week in Paris. Technically, this was our favorite classic French meal of the trip. Number one was Ze Kitchen Gallerie in Paris -- a totally different price point and a modern/fusion style of cooking.

The staff was helpful and charming. Nice wine recommendation; their suggestion was at an appealing price point and tasted delicious both on its own and with the food.

2 Thank PetNitNoy

Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“COULD NOT BE BETTER”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Friendly and efficient service and top quality food served attractively. On telling the owner that it was one of the best meals we had ever eaten in France she modestly replied that there are better; she was wrong! Fully deserves all the praise it has feceived. Do not miss it!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank notrab
Pipersville, Pennsylvania
“Very Good Second Best in Bayeux”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is an excellent choice for a second night dinner- L'angle Saint Laurent would be the first choice. Food and service were very good and we all enjoyed our courses.

1 Thank Eric H
San Francisco, California
“Better than Paris”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I had the prix fixe dinner although you could choose different items from either menu. I had the oysters from Gold Beach and the lamb from Mont St. Michel. Both were outstanding. I tried all the local cheeses as well. The service was excellent, attentive without being overbearing. I thought the price was also very reasonable. I had a reservation and the evening I was there they were only taking parties with reservations. This was better than any food I had while in Paris.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sandy B
“Our best meal in France”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate dinner here last night at the end of our two week holiday in France. We both agreed that the food and service together was the best we had.

When we came in we were greeted by a young lady who turned out to be the owner, along with her husband. She inquired about the logo on my sweater(the Masters) and she knew what it was.

We chose the 40euro menu and we loved every course. Oysters/smoked salmon to start, veal/beef for entree and desert was chocolate mousse/ cheesecake with calvados ice cream. Included was tomato soup, sorbet, and a cheese course before desert. Coupled with a half bottle of wine each. It was so special. Never did I think that we would find such great food/service in Bayeau.

Don't miss this restaurant. Reservations a necessity.

2 Thank tomethridge