“Spectacular meal”

Ranked #2 of 99 Restaurants in Bayeux
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Bayeux, La Rapiere is a warm and traditionnal restaurant, with a food that we try every day to raise to offer you high standard meals.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

A party of seasoned world travelers all agreed.. A spectacular meal. Extraordinary value for the quality and quantity of food. Great service as well

1  Thank Bobhaber
There are newer reviews for La Rapiere

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Based on positive TripAdvisor reviews, we tried La Rapiere during a recent visit and enjoyed a wonderful dinner. The staff were friendly and helpful and the menu offered a wide range of options. (A good drinks menu as well. The Kir Royal was a nice beginning.) Both the beef and fish main courses were good - but the added touches, such as sorbet between courses and the excellent selections for the cheese course (including local options) along with knowledgeable recommendations from the staff, were especially delightful. The atmosphere was also highly enjoyable and allowed for easy, relaxing conversation - so much so that we spent an easy three hours enjoying our dinner.

If you're staying in Bayeux, La Rapiere is an excellent choice and within easy walking distance of many of the local hotels.

1  Thank mundusviator
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I reserved a table via e-mail two months prior to our journey after reading the excellent reviews.
We spent the entire day on a Normandy Tour and almost felt the need to grab a casual dinner and head back to our hotel to relax. Instead, we forced our selves to continue with our planned dining at La Rapiere.
Lucky for us they seated us 30 minutes early and we sat down for likely one of our best dining experiences.
We started with a bottle of Blanc Sancerre wine, a staple during our France travels.
My husband had the Prawns and Veal complete with sorbet and cheese selections, and we ended with the same dessert extraordinaire.
I began my meal with 6 of the freshest tasting oysters imagined. I was later presented with a cast iron pot filled with fish fillets and thinly sliced vegetables in the most savory of sauces. I need to add that I am a chocolate desert lover but couldn't find a chocolate dessert selection that appealed to my Thursday desire, so I went with the Vanilla Bourbon cheesecake that included the toffee cooked apples and butter salted toffee ice cream. This was simply the most scrumptious dessert that I have ever experienced. I would travel back to Bayeux again just to have this dessert.
Linda, the evening was nothing short of spectacular. Thank you for accommodating our earlier request for dining, for the loveliest of meals and for calling a cab for us. The meal was so delicious, I just didn't want to walk back to our hotel after.

2  Thank QUICKQUESTIONS
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I had read the reviews and went with high expectations. We were not disappointed. Everything about the experience was first class and could not be faulted. The ambience was relaxed, the service friendly and attentive and the food just perfect in every respect. For a restaurant of this quality the wine list was reasonably priced with a fair selection of half bottles.
If you are visiting Bayeux make a point of visiting la rapier - but do book!!!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

La Rapiere was everything we were looking for in a fine French restaurant during our visit to Bayeaux . The restaurant is in a wonderful old building and while the food was superb - the atmosphere was not stuffy and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the specialty appetizer and the set menu. The desserts were out of this world. Cannot recommend this restaurant more highly!