“Tribute to My Dad”

Battle of Normandy Tours
Ranked #11 of 43 Tours in Bayeux
More attraction details
Owner description: A Private Military Tour Guide service for Personalized tours of the D-Day Landing Beaches and other Second World War Battle sites in Normandy
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our tour with Edward was fabulous – truly the highlight of our trip! Edward customized the tour based on my information I provided him about my Dad's battalion's D-Day landing and campaigns immediately following. He "brought History to life" for us by following the path of the 15th Field Artillery and the 2nd Division off of Omaha Beach, then next the Trevieres offensive, on to Hill 192, and all the way to the break-out at St. Lo. And we got all of it in on one day!

This was amazing and only able to be done because of Edward's research, personal knowledge, and passion for what he does. We especially enjoyed Edward's historical insight and perspectives shared as well as his wit and humor.

I learned of Edward through a friend who said, "Edward Robinson is the best". Edward completely exceeded our expectations on our tour!! I agree with the earlier reviewer who said, "frankly can't imagine why you would select any other tour guide!!"

3  Thank Patrick M
in 13 reviews
"gun emplacements"
"without reservation"

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Last week we spent a day with Ed, going on his incredible tour of the American D-day beaches. I can't imagine anyone having a more detailed grasp of the historical history of the world changing event. We would highly recommend Ed to all, and frankly can't imagine why you would select any other tour guide!!.

1  Thank scott b
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We spent four full days with Eddie touring the Normandy battlefields, and it was just not enough! At 5pm each day we unfortunately had to let him go home, otherwise we would have kept him teaching us into the night. Eddie is extremely well-read and easily weaves facts and anecdotes into his narratives to make the battlefield come alive. He pays tribute to those who thought and fought well, and is deliciously irreverent with those who did not. I am particularly impressed with how he employs period pictures of the battle to show you the vantages of the combatants; what they saw, why they were there and what they were doing when the picture was frozen in time. Eddie will design a custom tour based on your interests; give him your wish list for a tour, and then trust him guide you on what is worth seeing and why. He is outstanding.

1  Thank 72Robert72
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We recently spent 2 days with Ed and have to say that this is absolutely the best way to visit the Normandy battlefields. Before our trip, we sent Ed a list of what we wanted to see and he planned our days accordingly. He is very knowledgeable about the war and shares his knowledge in a very entertaining and engaging manner. It is apparent that he enjoys bringing history to life for others. Ed has commentary about all the major sites but also includes sites that are lesser known. Ed has a collection of WWII era photos and uses them to show how various places looked during the war. Those pictures, coupled with his extensive knowledge of the history, made the experience very memorable for all of us. In the spirit of full disclosure, I had spent 2 days several years ago driving around the area. In my mind I had seen the D Day beaches and was looking forward to a second visit. However, in a short time with Ed, I realized how much I had missed by trying to do the trip myself and now consider this my first "real" visit. If you are planning a trip to Normandy, book with Ed and he will make your trip as memorable as he made ours.

3  Thank mamesteve
See more reviews
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Ed was fantastic. His knowledge and personal style made for the most memorable day of our trip to Europe. We wish we had booked two days, not just one. If we go back, which we hope to do, we would definitely book him again. Ed is more than just informative, he is a wonderful storyteller, and has a real gift for making history come alive. His presentations are well planned while feeling spontaneous and personalized at the same time. He makes sure you get the most out of your day and tailors his stops to the things that you would most like to see. His depth of knowledge is amazing. He is personable, and has a real passion for what he is doing, which is infectious. He makes sure everyone is engaged and makes it enjoyable for the non-history buffs as well. He gets our highest recommendation. We had several excellent guides on our trip through Europe, but Ed was without a doubt the best. Well done, Ed - hope to see you again!