“The only choice in Normandy Tour....Ed Robinson”

Battle of Normandy Tours
Ranked #10 of 37 Tours in Bayeux
More attraction details
Owner description: A Private Military Tour Guide service for Personalized tours of the D-Day Landing Beaches and other Second World War Battle sites in Normandy
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The only choice in Normandy Tour....Ed Robinson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

My father-in-law and I just completed a 1 day tour of Normandy (American sector) with Ed Robinson and the experience was fantastic....beyound fantastic...and something I will remember the rest of our lives. Simply put....if you are thinking about hiring a tour guide (and let me tell everyone you should!) the only choice is Ed Robinson...you will have picked the best! Words cannot describe the experience and Ed's informative, high energy approach is key to the experience. If you want to know exactly what it was like....Ed will make you stand in the exact place and produce a vintage photo so you can relate. If you want myths dispelled about what you thought happened versus what really happened....Ed will tell you the real story...If you want the strategy and the tactics that guided the campaign Ed will show you the actual proof so you can understand in a down and dirty way.....Bring your boots!

During the day we saw other tour guide with their groups....and I keep saying to myself....thank god we hired Ed. Thank you Ed.....well done!

Best regards

Dan and Bob

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Daniel M

Blandford
“Superb tour guide.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Having been on many battlefield tours over the years and listened to many great tour guides, I can now say they have met their match. Ed has a depth of knowledge I've never experienced before. He was tested to his limits by 14 soldiers but was never found wanting. A friendly, enthusiastic and quirky individual, he made our one and a half days a pure delight. If your going this way Ed is the man you need to have with you.

Visited November 2012
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“ED IS YOUR MAN, YOU WILL NOT FIND BETTER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were a British Army group of 14 eagerly awaiting our Normandy Tour. We didn't know what to expect but we were deffinately not disappointed. Ed is a friendly, down to earth Southern Irishman who lit up our trip with very humourous anecdotes and funnys all the way through. His knowledge of the events that occured in June 1944 are second to none and I suspect we only scratched the surface of his encyclopedic brain! He is a top man and a character and put us at ease from the start. The inclement weather on day one was unnoticeable as we were all focused on the events of the 2nd WW that Ed was bringing to life before our very eyes. Passionate and thorough, his delivery was fantastic and very enjoyable. You'd be a fool not to book him as your guide! I recommend at least a day and a half with Ed.

Visited November 2012
Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“ED ROBINSON QUALITY WAR HISTORIAN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Four septuagenarians spent a memorable four days touring Normandy, Dieppe, the Somme and Vimy with Ed Robinson, historian, military historian and military forensics expert. He fully utilizes his lifelong passion with military history in his vocation as an outstanding guide. With stories and photos he brings to life the huge German gun bunker complex at Pointe du Hoc or rifle and pistol damage to a residential steel fence. He presents an honest picture of both sides of a battle based on years of broad reading. Although Ed is provocative and opinionated he is always willing hear and discuss your views. He is a "diamond in the rough" with eccentricities (don"t we all have them) that are easy to overlook as you are fascinated by Ed stories and encyclopaedic memory. I highly recommend Ed as your guide to Normandy and the Great War.
Don Newman Canada

Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“The absolute best tour ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We (4 of us--2 men & 2 women) did a full day tour of the DDay area with Ed. Everyone knows some of the story, Ed knows all the story. In one day (and he spent all day with us) he really filled us with the inside knowledge and back stories to make it seem all in real time. Before our tour, I had sent Ed some information about my father's and my aunt's service in Europe. Ed took the time to research their unit's history and personalize our tour. We are all experienced travelers and have toured most places but this was the best single day tour event I have ever known. The absolute best. If you are going to Normandy and want a private tour--CALL ED.

Howard F.