“worth a try”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was very good but not great. We had high expectations unfortunatley my meal (veal) was cook so well done that it was like leather. I litterally could not cut it. My GF has a great meal (beef bourginone - sp).

Also our waiter seemed to have an attitude. The head waiter (possibly the owner) was fabulous and very courteous...unfortunatley we had the other dude.

2  Thank benton2569
There are newer reviews for La Fringale

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Service at this lovely restaurant was fast and friendly. The food was so tasty which was why I wished there was more meat. The escargot was perfect and really hot. Our beef bourguignon and filet de porc were wonderful and the creme brûlée had a goodly amount of crack. The chocolate mousse was light and creamy. House wine tasty. All over a lovely place to eat.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stumbled on this as a group of 6. They seated us immediately and were very pleasant, even putting up with one of our party who (unfortunately) tried to speak french! The food was good with a nice selection. The service was unrushed, but not slow and a complementary glass of wine was nice.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I can highly recommend La Fringale. The menu I had (escargots, tripes, mousse au chocolat) was excellent and very tasty and well worth the moderate price. The service was also very good and I would definitely get back there for dinner if I happen to be back in Bayeux.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Ate here with my family in August 2012. Enjoyed a pleasant and leisurely lunch with good service and decided to return for a dinner later in our stay. We weren't disappointed. The fixed price menus were good value with excellent regional food and a good choice of wine at a reasonable price. The restaurant is light and spacious and the tables are not cramped. The service was good and all in all we would thoroughly recommend.

1  Thank quinnkk